Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my first retro build. A late USAF 604 Clone, as correct as I could get it , has a Nodak lower.
I have two more uppers waiting to get turned into complete rifles.

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
Wow...very nice. Did you have to monkey with those #$%#&#!! offset pins to get the upper and lower to work? Also wonder where you got that aluminunmiumum flat slip ring. I still have 3 or 4 if you need more.

Your build looks cherry. Going to shoot it? We had to rebuild "beaters" that looked absolutely trashed, but amazingly, still shot well. If the lower was intact, the rifle could be remanufactured. Long ago. HB of CJ :) :) :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow...very nice. Did you have to monkey with those #$%#&#!! offset pins to get the upper and lower to work? Also wonder where you got that aluminunmiumum flat slip ring. I still have 3 or 4 if you need more.

Your build looks cherry. Going to shoot it? We had to rebuild "beaters" that looked absolutely trashed, but amazingly, still shot well. If the lower was intact, the rifle could be remanufactured. Long ago. HB of CJ :) :) :)
This isnt a SP1 so none of that small hole big hole crap. It is a USGI M16 barreled upper that I bought and built on a commercial A1 lower. A company makes the lowers in Colt gray just for guys building Retro rifles. It is correct as possible ,it does have a AR15 bolt/carrier, hammer, but the reast of the parts are 1969 era USGI. Dont know if you noticed but no forward asisst on this one. Yes I do shoot her and I am impressed how well it does. I actually like it better than my Rock River

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
nice build. looks like my 2 SP1's circa 1970

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Do you have an A1 round 5-prong front sight post or an A2 square 4-prong front sight post? Don't you find the A1 stock too short? You must have the proper shorter A1 butt stock upper screw to go with the short A1 stock. I find even the longer A2 stock too short.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Do you have an A1 round 5-prong front sight post or an A2 square 4-prong front sight post? Don't you find the A1 stock too short? You must have the proper shorter A1 butt stock upper screw to go with the short A1 stock. I find even the longer A2 stock too short.
5 prong front sight post, I actually like they way the shoter A1 stock fits, yes I am using a original A1 stock screw

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
What a beauty!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Gorgeous. My dad got an AR, right out of Vietnam. The first rifle I ever shot.

P.S. - I just realized how much crap my mother feels is needed to "decorate" our home. Cluttered much?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts