Springfield XD Forum banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sooooo. No luck anywhere else ( unless someone posts differently), found this statement on the barsto home page:

You have all by now heard the rumors by some type of media or another that Bar-Sto Precision is intending on manufacturing barrels for the Springfield Armory XDS...well the rumors are true, we are going to be making a barrel for the Springfield Armory XDS 3.3". These will be available in all the popular configurations, standard length, extended & ported, and extended & threaded...and of course we will offer these in the Semi Fit and Match Target fit as well. We are looking to BEGIN production around August of 2013

So I called. They said Aug production was still on track. So I placed my order, paid $320 ish including shipping for threaded .45 barrel in semi-fitted. When my card gets charged, I will post an update.
I noticed the same thing on the front page for a couple weeks then it went away, I mistakenly thought they would add this to the online ordering options, but I still have yet to see it as an ordering possibility. I suppose I should have called them like you did but I just hate ordering over the phone like that and giving someone my info. I'm a little discouraged they took the notice down so quickly from the site, to me this suggests problems or an overwhelming order volume both would forecast additional delays.

Have they charged you yet? Heard any new information?

·
Registered
19 Posts
i would be interested, i know because of the 3.3 inch barrel the velocity drops about 100 ft/s or more than a standard 5in barrel which should make for an even quieter sound.

with basic winchester white box fmj ammo rated at 835 ft/s it should drop in the xds to 735 ft/s..... this could be the ultimate assassins gun, an extremely quiet 45acp!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Silencers Are Legal

Silencers Are Legal

Amen. Taken from silencersarelegal.com: "IT'S YOUR RIGHT: It is still your right under the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America to keep and bear arms. Unexercised rights have a way of becoming "privileges." The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution was not designed just to help hunters keep their weapons. It was designed to allow its citizens to hold the ultimate "check and balance" and to defend against an overreaching and tyrannical government. After all, George Washington did not use freedom of the press to win our independence from Great Britain."
I know the 2nd Amendment is great and all, and that the War for Independence was a real war that used guns and cannons and bayonets et al., but Washington and the Colonists did use freedom of the press to win against Great Britain. Thats what countries do to get people to fight in wars...they use the press to get the word out and unite against a common foe. I am with you and all, just tone down the rhetoric when preaching to the choir, and maybe get your facts straight when you are actually arguing gun control people so you don't embarrass the rest of us. You don't need a cute little saying to win an argument. That's why Palin is such a loser...

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Sure, but it sounds like you have a problem with silencers are legal.com.take it up with them if you don't like the statement I copied and pasted from their website.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This just in from Bar-Sto regarding the XDS (slim) .45 threaded barrel production run.

"thank you for contacting us and we appreciateyour patience. Unfortunately for the XDS production, but fortunately forbusiness we have been struggling to keep up with what we currently have inproduction. Having said that, the downside to that news is that the XDSintroduction to our production has been postponed. I spoke with the gunsmithabout this the other day and he seems to feel that within the next couple ofmonths we should be caught up enough to begin on the XDS barrels. As we onlyhave a tentative date at this time and no solid time frame we hope that youwill hang in there with us until we are able to begin this line of production.If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at anytime."

Don't know about y'all but I am pretty fed up with the constant delays from Bar-Sto. Does anyone out there have a viable means of getting a threaded barrel for the 3.3"?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did and they only make threaded barrels for Glocks. Has anyone else had any luck?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I may end up selling the XDS (slim) and buy an XDM or XDS (standard) just so I can get a barrel for my Silencer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wish man, so far its been 12 pages of all talk and no visible action from the vendors. :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here's the latest I received directly from Bar-Sto on this subject:

Again Mr. XXXX, I apologize for the delay. As we haveseveral thousand barrel orders currently in production it is difficult tointroduce a new line. We do have full intent of manufacturing the XDS line,however we cannot place 5,000+- customers on hold to accommodate the,currently, 10 XDS barrels that we have on order. While I am aware the timeframe for our "proposed" release of the XDS barrel keeps changing, wedo have an obligation to all of our current customers to fulfill the orders forthe barrels we have in production at this time.

Although we do value every customer, and every potentialcustomer, we will not be able to produce them any sooner than we can.

I placed my order for a threaded barrel back in April and called them every month asking when the production would begin. Even my patience is at its limit. I won't cancel my order since cancellations will just mean they will further delay the prpoduction but I am also looking into other options.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can't Storm Lake be informed of this thread so they can see the interest?
I asked Springfield to sell me a 4.0 barrel separately and they refused. (Then I'd thread it)

Hello, new member here,

I sent Storm Lake Barrels an email regarding the development of a threaded barrel for the XDS. They said that if they receive enough requests they will make it. If you are interested at all please email Storm Lake Barrels. I have a Tirant 45S suppressor that I would love to put on this gun. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's misleading. I think stormlake calls one of the other XD pistols (XD Service) and then abbreviate to XDS. If you google images of the subcompact XDS barrel it is obvious that the machining is different.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
4.75" barrel is obvious not for the xds.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, new member here,

I sent Storm Lake Barrels an email regarding the development of a threaded barrel for the XDS. They said that if they receive enough requests they will make it. If you are interested at all please email Storm Lake Barrels. I have a Tirant 45S suppressor that I would love to put on this gun. Thanks.

I believe I have found one on StormLake Springfield XDS 9mm 4.75 Threaded Stainless Barrel SF-XDS-9mm-475-01T-T Let me know what you think or if its the right one. I'm looking for threaded barrel for XDS 3.3 9mm. Hopefully this one is the right fit for it, or if you know where to get one by now please let me know I would highly appreciated it.

101 - 120 of 135 Posts