Springfield XD Forum banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
yes, many companies use XDS to refer to XD Service.

I personally dont see a need for these barrels, but to each his own, and have fun. Its your gun, not mine. do what ya want and let the haters hate.
If I saw one in person, I would think why? but then I would think Why NoT?!?!
As to the "Why" question - First of all, my hearing is bad enough after all of the loud noises and things blowing up through 14 1/2 yrs of Infantry and SF training and operations. I have binary tinnitis and complete hearing loss in my left ear and high freq hearing loss in the right one. if I can lessen the noise, maybe I will have some hearing left in my old age. Second, I have two teenage daughters and a wife who have fired the XDS45 and all three have balked at the kick and the noise. There may be a time when one of them will have to use the gun and the silencer will negate both the kick and the noise to the point they may be able to hit what they're pointing at. That is my hope, at least.

I contacted Impact Arms in Utah and they waived the restock fee for returning the barrel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've always wanted a suppressor. Need to look into the cost and such but yeah, I'm interested.
Obscura, if you are considering the silencer route then you need to look at the NFA Gun Trust way to get there. Go to GunTrustLawyer.com and look into starting a Gun Trust that will work with the NFA to protect you and your family. I did that and have a Gun Trust and that is how I bought my SilencerCo 45 Opsrey for my XDS45. I had thought I had a suitable threaded barrel until it arrived in the mail yesterday and it was the wrong one (as discussed in this thread).

·
Registered
26 Posts
I called Bar-Sto and placed my order for the threaded barrel for the XDS45. They said it would be done in the July time frame.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How long is it going to be?
They couldn't say so neither can I. Probably as long as it takes the FTA to approve the stamp for the silencer. That process has begun but it would be good timing to get them both at the same time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They couldn't say so neither can I. Probably as long as it takes the FTA to approve the stamp for the silencer. That process has begun but it would be good timing to get them both at the same time.
I meant the length of the barrel itself. I guess you'll have pictures and stats when you get it. I'll wait.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry, thought you meant how long the wait. Barrel will be about half inch longer than normal I guess.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If I had a suppressor I'd do it just for shits and giggles. And thats the only reason anyone needs to suppress an XDS or any other weapon.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Im a new xd9 owner and I wondered if someone could tell me how and what to do about getting a suppressor. Thanks V
Silencers Are Legal

+1 for curiosity
Silencers Are Legal

If I had a suppressor I'd do it just for shits and giggles. And thats the only reason anyone needs to suppress an XDS or any other weapon.
Amen. Taken from silencersarelegal.com: "IT'S YOUR RIGHT: It is still your right under the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America to keep and bear arms. Unexercised rights have a way of becoming "privileges." The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution was not designed just to help hunters keep their weapons. It was designed to allow its citizens to hold the ultimate "check and balance" and to defend against an overreaching and tyrannical government. After all, George Washington did not use freedom of the press to win our independence from Great Britain."

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im a new xd9 owner and I wondered if someone could tell me how and what to do about getting a suppressor. Thanks V
I currently have two Osprey 45 and one Tirant 45 waiting for approval from ATF. Hopefully everything should be approved by August.

HOW TO OWN A SUPPRESSOR:

1) You need to setup a "Living Trust". You can put others on the trust as a "co-owner" so they can also own suppressors. My brother and I have a trust. We will have 4 suppressors on this trust. Anyone on the trust is legal to use the suppressors.

2) Find the suppressor you want to purchase from a Class 3 FFL dealer. You will have to pay for the suppressor and they will put it in a safe for LONG term storage.

3) Fill out a ATF form #1140 with your FFL Dealer using your Living Trust Papers. DO NOT MAKE A MISTAKE ON THIS FORM! TRIPLE CHECK.

4) Send the 1140 form with $200 check written to ATF for EACH suppressor.

5) Pray and wait for approx 6-8 months for approval from ATF. Your Class 3 Dealer will let you know when the forms are approved.

6) Once approved, goto your Class 3 Dealer so you can be united with your suppressor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have one on a HK Tactical .45 and love it. I would be interested just for the novelty.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just called Barsto regarding the "projected" timeline for the threaded barrel run for the XDS 45 and they tapped dance around before saying "maybe" to the end of August. I already have the Osprey 45 and am waiting for a barrel to be produced. Disappointed with Barsto.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Every time I call Barsto (several this year and last) they move the date back a month. February, May, June, now end of August..... Going to call half a dozen manufacturers again and see if any of them besides Barsto will take on this project.

Anyone else willing to call manufacturers so they feel the demand for the product and decide to deliver:

here are some contacts:

www storm-lake com sales at storm-lake com 866-392-1654
www jarvis-custom com 406.961.4392
www lonewolfdist com Sales at LoneWolfDist com 208-448-0600
www efkfiredragon com Contact on web
www www springfield-armory com customshop at springfield-armory com 800-617-6751 and sales at springfield-armory com 800-680-6866

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just called Barsto again and asked about the August production run and got another tap-dance about waiting until September. Don't know about y'all but I'm pretty tired of their delays. I will follow rnaparts and go somewhere else for the barrel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sooooo. No luck anywhere else ( unless someone posts differently), found this statement on the barsto home page:

You have all by now heard the rumors by some type of media or another that Bar-Sto Precision is intending on manufacturing barrels for the Springfield Armory XDS...well the rumors are true, we are going to be making a barrel for the Springfield Armory XDS 3.3". These will be available in all the popular configurations, standard length, extended & ported, and extended & threaded...and of course we will offer these in the Semi Fit and Match Target fit as well. We are looking to BEGIN production around August of 2013

So I called. They said Aug production was still on track. So I placed my order, paid $320 ish including shipping for threaded .45 barrel in semi-fitted. When my card gets charged, I will post an update.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts