Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really have a bad trigger, I get a clean break. But it could be a litter lighter and TAPCO advertizes 3.5-4 lb trigger pull. For under $30, it could be a nice little upgrade.....if it works?

Experience?

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
I put a tapco double hook on all of my builds. It allows me to have the smallest amount of overtravel and still function correctly. That is because I trim the second slot in the receiver and test it and file until it is just right. I would not say it is a 3lb pull on any of them. Maybe a 6-7lb pull

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
tapco G2 triggers are junk compared to the adjustable RSA triggers.

i normally use the G2 Trigger group but recently installed the RSA trigger and wow that thing is nice!!! i will sill use the G2 trigger groups because of cost though.

you sure your rifle doesnt have a Tapco trigger in it already? it will say right on the side of the trigger.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I have the G2 trigger in my AK and like it, crisp and light.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The G2 is a huge upgrade from just about any stock trigger. Definitely lighter pull and crisper break. I'm sure the RSA triggers are great, but I'm not gonna put that expensive of a trigger on an AK.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've got 2 AKs with G2s installed, and have helped others install them in probably 3 more AKs. They are easy to install. Whatever trigger you get, I'd recommend the retainer plate for the install as well.

Here is an example of what they look like. Not sure if this is the best deal or not though. I think Tapco might be churning these out now too...-

Axis Pin Retaining Plate - $11.99

Anyway, the G2 trigger is VERY nice for an AK. The travel and reset isn't a whole lot better than other AK triggers, but the G2 is MUCH smoother and lighter that the other AK triggers I have used. G2 triggers are lighter than my AR trigger actually...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts