Springfield XD Forum banner

? anyone heard of these guys?

5K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  XDm_Shooter 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard of these guys?? They have some pretty low prices...enough so to kind of make me scratch my head and wonder whats up...I am thinking about purchasing this complete upper but...:confused:

Thanks guys!

#2 ·
I hit the link and it said Cannot find server, whats the name of the company I will just google it...

#4 ·
ah, it looks good, but like you said I havnt heard of them and I am not sure of the quality, did you read any reviews on them?

#5 ·
ah, it looks good, but like you said I havnt heard of them and I am not sure of the quality, did you read any reviews on them?
looking for stuff about them right now...will post back if I find anything, would appreciate the same if anyone finds or knows anything...:D

#6 ·
looking for stuff about them right now...will post back if I find anything, would appreciate the same if anyone finds or knows anything...:D
Gotcha, I will do some research as well, I am interested too. Very good prices but that could be a bad thing lol. We shall see!

#7 ·
Ok...so far here is what I have found...

Not really finding much on the side of negitive reviews...not much on the positive either but did find that this is a branch off of Deer Country Arhery Inc. Neil is the owner and member on AR15armory.com forums. After looking over many links I came upon the link for the above mentioned forum where Neil is furiously defending the rep. of his company and offers posts from a few ppl that have done business with them.

His (Neil) initial post is here #16. If you are up for some reading I think you will find it to be intresting to say the least. I think I may be up for the gamble. Sounds to me like he is a not well known company, with a small budget for getting the word out about his product. There is at one point on the posts in the forum some concern about Red X Arms being affiliated with Blackthorn, Vulcan, Hesse etc...which are companies to avoid (they were all owned by the same person when business practices became known to be shabby, name change happened). Red X Arms is, according to Neil, not affiliated in any way with these others.

For the money, I think it is worth a shot...will continue to do some research and make up my mine but as of now I think its legit...

#8 ·
Ok...so far here is what I have found...

Not really finding much on the side of negitive reviews...not much on the positive either but did find that this is a branch off of Deer Country Arhery Inc. Neil is the owner and member on AR15armory.com forums. After looking over many links I came upon the link for the above mentioned forum where Neil is furiously defending the rep. of his company and offers posts from a few ppl that have done business with them.

His (Neil) initial post is here #16. If you are up for some reading I think you will find it to be intresting to say the least. I think I may be up for the gamble. Sounds to me like he is a not well known company, with a small budget for getting the word out about his product. There is at one point on the posts in the forum some concern about Red X Arms being affiliated with Blackthorn, Vulcan, Hesse etc...which are companies to avoid (they were all owned by the same person when business practices became known to be shabby, name change happened). Red X Arms is, according to Neil, not affiliated in any way with these others.

For the money, I think it is worth a shot...will continue to do some research and make up my mine but as of now I think its legit...

UPDATE: Will be doing more research for sure...found some negitive and questionable info the more I read the other posts on the forum listed above...back to being not so sure...lol...:shock:

#9 ·
Rguns has a bad rap also but I really couldnt be happier with the upper I got from them. And boy it came in fast and in perfect shape. Ive put 300 rounds down range now with it and had ZERO yes ZERO problems of any kind. Shooting Lake City green tip stuff. Sometimes you just have to take a gamble. I did with Rguns and will be doing buisiness with them again. Hopefully my next purchase goes as smooth. But I did bookmark the OP's website. Heck if I decide to go with them I will post.

#10 ·
Rguns has a bad rap also but I really couldnt be happier with the upper I got from them. And boy it came in fast and in perfect shape. Ive put 300 rounds down range now with it and had ZERO yes ZERO problems of any kind. Shooting Lake City green tip stuff. Sometimes you just have to take a gamble. I did with Rguns and will be doing buisiness with them again. Hopefully my next purchase goes as smooth. But I did bookmark the OP's website. Heck if I decide to go with them I will post.
Have a link to these guys?

#11 ·
Having read all 8 pages of the posts on Red X Arms as well as other, although limited, info that I could find I am leaning towards this being an ok company...may be well worth the risk to see...going to sleep on it for now...

Thanks guys! Keep the info coming if you find anything...good or bad! :D

#12 ·
Sounds like it might be worth it, What were the negatives about? I mean does it come with M4 stuff, is it mil-spec? M4 feed ramps, properly staked gas keys etc? Let me know I am interested in this, If it turns out to be a nice AR I say we blow him up all over XDTalk and get him some business!

#13 ·
Have you checked out RPG (Rocky Point Guns) they are out of North Carolina and are just as cheap. Classic Arms Inc.

#14 ·
Have you checked out RPG (Rocky Point Guns) they are out of North Carolina and are just as cheap. Classic Arms Inc.
Just looked at the RPG site, did not find any complete uppers on there...good prices on the other goodies tho! :D

#15 ·
Just looked at the RPG site, did not find any complete uppers on there...good prices on the other goodies tho! :D
Yea they arent bad, Go with spikes tactical!

#16 ·
Yea they arent bad, Go with spikes tactical!
Got me a Spikes Tactical lower that I have all put together, need the upper now. :D Think I am going to invest in an NM 2 stage trigger too...

#17 ·
Reallly thinking that I am going to take the jump and make the purchase of my upper from Red X Arms...for the money the worst that can happen is I end up with a .22 LR bullet hose that I will put on cheap lower and have for plinkin. From what I have read tho, I don't expect that to be the case. I think Red X is just getting started and most people stay away from small and unknown companies...reputation means a lot but people have to buy it before the reputation can be built, I don't mind helpin' for $275.50...lol

#18 ·
Not that I'm against anyone trying a new product or company. By all means give them a try and do a write up and range report. I'm actually doing the same thing in a way. My next upper assembly I'm ordering is going to be from Loki Weapon Systems LWS Forged Uppers - LOKI Weapon Systems . I've never used them before but heard some good things thru another board that's geared towards competitive shooting.
But I did want to pass along aim surplus is taking pre orders for Complete Spikes M4 16" uppers for $499 (free shipping). Orders are expected to start shipping Wednesday according to the news letter I recieved. Spikes Tactical 16" M4 5.56/.223 Upper Receiver

#19 ·
Reallly thinking that I am going to take the jump and make the purchase of my upper from Red X Arms...for the money the worst that can happen is I end up with a .22 LR bullet hose that I will put on cheap lower and have for plinkin. From what I have read tho, I don't expect that to be the case. I think Red X is just getting started and most people stay away from small and unknown companies...reputation means a lot but people have to buy it before the reputation can be built, I don't mind helpin' for $275.50...lol
Touche my friend... touche.

#20 ·
Sounds like it might be worth it, What were the negatives about? I mean does it come with M4 stuff, is it mil-spec? M4 feed ramps, properly staked gas keys etc? Let me know I am interested in this, If it turns out to be a nice AR I say we blow him up all over XDTalk and get him some business!
This guy is on top of it! I sent him and email lastnight and had a response back this morning (I have actually sent him 3 and had responses to them all within 24 hrs). All of his uppers are mil-spec, and include M4 feed ramps. All the machine work is done "in house", and seems to be a real stand up guy and company. It's official, my order will be placed in a couple days. I am just tryin' decide if I wanna get more stuff from him and what it is that I want to get...lol...

When I get this I will post a review of what it appears to be as well as a follow up after some rounds are put thru it...and of course it will include pics. :cool:

#21 ·
XDm - Any news on the new toy? I'm also looking at something that's not going to cost a ton but shoots something a little bigger than my CMMG .22LR AR. Being able to just swap out the upper makes this whole thing a lot more economical.

#22 ·
XDm - Any news on the new toy? I'm also looking at something that's not going to cost a ton but shoots something a little bigger than my CMMG .22LR AR. Being able to just swap out the upper makes this whole thing a lot more economical.
Here is a link to the thread from when my build was complete with pics. I did not ened up going with the Red X Arms upper that I was asking about in my original post on this thread, instead I oppted for the CMMG upper. I am still considering the Red X Arms uppers for a future build, just decided it did not fit the bill for what I wanted out of this one. As of today I am about $1600.00 into the build. Worh every penny and I would spend it again for what I get out of this rifle.

#23 ·
Keep in mind, the bad rap comes from the owners attitude. He can be a salty, mean old guy, but he's fair and not a bulls****er. If something is wrong, he will do what he can to get it fixed. My RGuns AR is having a few small issues and he is making sure to take care of me and get it fixed. For a small company, they have A LOT of really cool AR designs that they do.

#24 ·
Keep in mind, the bad rap comes from the owners attitude. He can be a salty, mean old guy, but he's fair and not a bulls****er. If something is wrong, he will do what he can to get it fixed. My RGuns AR is having a few small issues and he is making sure to take care of me and get it fixed. For a small company, they have A LOT of really cool AR designs that they do.
I did talk to him several times over email and he does seem to be a good guy. Like I said I am still considering one of the uppers from them for a funter build but just did not fit for what I was doing at the time. We all have days when we can be "salty and mean"...lol...nature of the beast I guess, but has little to do with the products that he produces. Biggest thing AFTER the sale is the willingness to correct ANY issues that arise with the product...that being said, if he is taking care of your problem that is a plus! Thanks for sharing!

#25 ·
Alright, last night, while not sleeping, I decided after going to the Red X Arms site and checking and checking and checking, that I was going to email them and ask the simple question: "How are you guys 100s of dollars less expensive than the other guys?"

This was the response I got back from them today:

Its a simple question and a simple answer. The reason we are cheaper is we are the ACTUAL manufacturer of most of our parts. We make most of them in house in our 2 CNC Machine Shops we own here in Minnesota, Where as most large manufacturers do not make anything in house. They farm all the work out to machine shops (similar to us) and have all the parts made shipped to their facility mark them up in price, put their name on them, and sell them to you. Where when you buy from us you are buying "factory direct" and thus cutting out the mark ups. The parts we don't manufacture we buy from the same places as all the "big" companies do in large quantities to get good pricing.

To a point, with most big well known companies, you are paying for the name on the side of your gun also, as most of all the large companies get most of the parts from all the same places and the only difference is the name the machine shop who makes them engraves on the parts. All parts from most large companies (with the exception of the few that have their own designs or special features), when manufactured correctly, conform to the same blue prints the military uses.

Hope we have answered you question.

Thank You,

Red X Arms
I will admit a couple of things: 1) I was looking for any reason NOT to buy from these guys, but at the same time, I was also looking for any reason TO buy from these guys. 2) While I was expecting a response similar to this, the fact that it was AS involved as it was impressed me.

So, the conclusion is, even though I'll be mixing manufacturers, I'm not terribly heartbroken to save a couple hundred dollars and help out a manufacturer who seems to want to do things right. Once I get it ordered and get some seeds down the tube, I will report back with what my findings are. And I guarantee that if it works out how I hope it will, I will be the biggest fan (and probably loudest) of Red X Arms around. :)

#26 ·
Alright, last night, while not sleeping, I decided after going to the Red X Arms site and checking and checking and checking, that I was going to email them and ask the simple question: "How are you guys 100s of dollars less expensive than the other guys?"

This was the response I got back from them today:

I will admit a couple of things: 1) I was looking for any reason NOT to buy from these guys, but at the same time, I was also looking for any reason TO buy from these guys. 2) While I was expecting a response similar to this, the fact that it was AS involved as it was impressed me.

So, the conclusion is, even though I'll be mixing manufacturers, I'm not terribly heartbroken to save a couple hundred dollars and help out a manufacturer who seems to want to do things right. Once I get it ordered and get some seeds down the tube, I will report back with what my findings are. And I guarantee that if it works out how I hope it will, I will be the biggest fan (and probably loudest) of Red X Arms around. :)
That is pretty much the same response that I got back from him as well...glad to see that! Please do post back and let us know. I am still thinking that my next build is going to include their products...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.