Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of these guys?? They have some pretty low prices...enough so to kind of make me scratch my head and wonder whats up...I am thinking about purchasing this complete upper but...:confused:

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Has anyone heard of these guys?? They have some pretty low prices...enough so to kind of make me scratch my head and wonder whats up...I am thinking about purchasing this complete upper but...:confused:

Thanks guys!
I hit the link and it said Cannot find server, whats the name of the company I will just google it...

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
ah, it looks good, but like you said I havnt heard of them and I am not sure of the quality, did you read any reviews on them?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah, it looks good, but like you said I havnt heard of them and I am not sure of the quality, did you read any reviews on them?
looking for stuff about them right now...will post back if I find anything, would appreciate the same if anyone finds or knows anything...:D

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
looking for stuff about them right now...will post back if I find anything, would appreciate the same if anyone finds or knows anything...:D
Gotcha, I will do some research as well, I am interested too. Very good prices but that could be a bad thing lol. We shall see!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok...so far here is what I have found...

Not really finding much on the side of negitive reviews...not much on the positive either but did find that this is a branch off of Deer Country Arhery Inc. Neil is the owner and member on AR15armory.com forums. After looking over many links I came upon the link for the above mentioned forum where Neil is furiously defending the rep. of his company and offers posts from a few ppl that have done business with them.

His (Neil) initial post is here #16. If you are up for some reading I think you will find it to be intresting to say the least. I think I may be up for the gamble. Sounds to me like he is a not well known company, with a small budget for getting the word out about his product. There is at one point on the posts in the forum some concern about Red X Arms being affiliated with Blackthorn, Vulcan, Hesse etc...which are companies to avoid (they were all owned by the same person when business practices became known to be shabby, name change happened). Red X Arms is, according to Neil, not affiliated in any way with these others.

For the money, I think it is worth a shot...will continue to do some research and make up my mine but as of now I think its legit...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok...so far here is what I have found...

Not really finding much on the side of negitive reviews...not much on the positive either but did find that this is a branch off of Deer Country Arhery Inc. Neil is the owner and member on AR15armory.com forums. After looking over many links I came upon the link for the above mentioned forum where Neil is furiously defending the rep. of his company and offers posts from a few ppl that have done business with them.

His (Neil) initial post is here #16. If you are up for some reading I think you will find it to be intresting to say the least. I think I may be up for the gamble. Sounds to me like he is a not well known company, with a small budget for getting the word out about his product. There is at one point on the posts in the forum some concern about Red X Arms being affiliated with Blackthorn, Vulcan, Hesse etc...which are companies to avoid (they were all owned by the same person when business practices became known to be shabby, name change happened). Red X Arms is, according to Neil, not affiliated in any way with these others.

For the money, I think it is worth a shot...will continue to do some research and make up my mine but as of now I think its legit...

UPDATE: Will be doing more research for sure...found some negitive and questionable info the more I read the other posts on the forum listed above...back to being not so sure...lol...:shock:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Rguns has a bad rap also but I really couldnt be happier with the upper I got from them. And boy it came in fast and in perfect shape. Ive put 300 rounds down range now with it and had ZERO yes ZERO problems of any kind. Shooting Lake City green tip stuff. Sometimes you just have to take a gamble. I did with Rguns and will be doing buisiness with them again. Hopefully my next purchase goes as smooth. But I did bookmark the OP's website. Heck if I decide to go with them I will post.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rguns has a bad rap also but I really couldnt be happier with the upper I got from them. And boy it came in fast and in perfect shape. Ive put 300 rounds down range now with it and had ZERO yes ZERO problems of any kind. Shooting Lake City green tip stuff. Sometimes you just have to take a gamble. I did with Rguns and will be doing buisiness with them again. Hopefully my next purchase goes as smooth. But I did bookmark the OP's website. Heck if I decide to go with them I will post.
Have a link to these guys?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having read all 8 pages of the posts on Red X Arms as well as other, although limited, info that I could find I am leaning towards this being an ok company...may be well worth the risk to see...going to sleep on it for now...

Thanks guys! Keep the info coming if you find anything...good or bad! :D

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Sounds like it might be worth it, What were the negatives about? I mean does it come with M4 stuff, is it mil-spec? M4 feed ramps, properly staked gas keys etc? Let me know I am interested in this, If it turns out to be a nice AR I say we blow him up all over XDTalk and get him some business!

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Have you checked out RPG (Rocky Point Guns) they are out of North Carolina and are just as cheap. Classic Arms Inc.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you checked out RPG (Rocky Point Guns) they are out of North Carolina and are just as cheap. Classic Arms Inc.
Just looked at the RPG site, did not find any complete uppers on there...good prices on the other goodies tho! :D

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Just looked at the RPG site, did not find any complete uppers on there...good prices on the other goodies tho! :D
Yea they arent bad, Go with spikes tactical!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea they arent bad, Go with spikes tactical!
Got me a Spikes Tactical lower that I have all put together, need the upper now. :D Think I am going to invest in an NM 2 stage trigger too...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reallly thinking that I am going to take the jump and make the purchase of my upper from Red X Arms...for the money the worst that can happen is I end up with a .22 LR bullet hose that I will put on cheap lower and have for plinkin. From what I have read tho, I don't expect that to be the case. I think Red X is just getting started and most people stay away from small and unknown companies...reputation means a lot but people have to buy it before the reputation can be built, I don't mind helpin' for $275.50...lol

·
Registered
780 Posts
Not that I'm against anyone trying a new product or company. By all means give them a try and do a write up and range report. I'm actually doing the same thing in a way. My next upper assembly I'm ordering is going to be from Loki Weapon Systems LWS Forged Uppers - LOKI Weapon Systems . I've never used them before but heard some good things thru another board that's geared towards competitive shooting.
But I did want to pass along aim surplus is taking pre orders for Complete Spikes M4 16" uppers for $499 (free shipping). Orders are expected to start shipping Wednesday according to the news letter I recieved. Spikes Tactical 16" M4 5.56/.223 Upper Receiver

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Reallly thinking that I am going to take the jump and make the purchase of my upper from Red X Arms...for the money the worst that can happen is I end up with a .22 LR bullet hose that I will put on cheap lower and have for plinkin. From what I have read tho, I don't expect that to be the case. I think Red X is just getting started and most people stay away from small and unknown companies...reputation means a lot but people have to buy it before the reputation can be built, I don't mind helpin' for $275.50...lol
Touche my friend... touche.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds like it might be worth it, What were the negatives about? I mean does it come with M4 stuff, is it mil-spec? M4 feed ramps, properly staked gas keys etc? Let me know I am interested in this, If it turns out to be a nice AR I say we blow him up all over XDTalk and get him some business!
This guy is on top of it! I sent him and email lastnight and had a response back this morning (I have actually sent him 3 and had responses to them all within 24 hrs). All of his uppers are mil-spec, and include M4 feed ramps. All the machine work is done "in house", and seems to be a real stand up guy and company. It's official, my order will be placed in a couple days. I am just tryin' decide if I wanna get more stuff from him and what it is that I want to get...lol...

When I get this I will post a review of what it appears to be as well as a follow up after some rounds are put thru it...and of course it will include pics. :cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts