Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have a ccw permit, Have you ever had to pull your gun for your protection or someone else's protection? And did you have to actually fire your gun at someone? If so what was the situation you where in?

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
This question has been asked many times. You will find with the majority of people they will not discuss if they had to for legal implications and for the fact it is not something that is glamorous, but rather a necessity. Me, no, but I am ready to should I need to, but you won't know about it then.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This question has been asked many times. You will find with the majority of people they will not discuss if they had to for legal implications and for the fact it is not something that is glamorous, but rather a necessity. Me, no, but I am ready to should I need to, but you won't know about it then.
Sorry I did not take into consideration of the legal aspect of this question. I know it's not glamorous to fire a gun at someone, I was just curious because I,m going to take the class to get a ccw permit, and I was just curious how often people actually are in this kind of situation. Again I'm sorry if I offended anyone .

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
Sorry I did not take into consideration of the legal aspect of this question. I know it's not glamorous to fire a gun at someone, I was just curious because I,m going to take the class to get a ccw permit, and I was just curious how often people actually are in this kind of situation. Again I'm sorry if I offended anyone .
No offense taken. It's just been asked many times with the same answer. Good luck in the CCW course!

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Agree, most won't give details, but this is a question that many people would like to know. And yes this has been asked before. I have been lucky enough to have NOT had to draw my weapon since I had my CCP. I think since I am a big guy, I am less of a target...

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Oh hell, just so your thread didnt go to waste...lol

I drew my gun a couple of years ago while out walking my dogs, when a stray pitbull came out from between a couple of houses and squared off with my own dogs. I didnt have to fire but the safety had been flicked to the fire position. This was in a residential neighborhood and no police showed up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts