Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I picked up a XD9SC Accessory kit from a fellow member...brand new...it was sealed and everything. I changed out the base plates of the short ones to pearce grips, and loaded one of them. I noticed that the sixth/seventh round will jiggle inside of the magazine like there is not enough pressure to hold it in place. Sounds like change jingling in your pocket.

Anyway, I loaded 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 rounds in both mags, and the sixth/seventh round will only jiggle around when the 10th round is in. Also it obviously doesn't do it when in the pistol...anyone else have this issue or does anyone have a fix for this issue?

Btw, it does not affect the cycling of the rounds as I have safely tried this with both mags...

The mags are also pretty tight in the mag well...these mags are the only ones that do not realease easily...the mag release is extremely hard...they do fall freely though. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yep...I heard the rattle before, not sure why it does it.

·
Registered
825 Posts
The XD9sc mags are just sad. Only 10rds and they all seem to rattle. I only have one and don't plan to get any more.

Shame on you Springfield for making California's problem EVERY XD9sc owner's problem.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fixed it for ya ;):D

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Ok, just wanted to know if it was just mine....Anyone having the issue of the tightness in the magwell and tightness of the mag release??

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have both issues, but it's sort of backwards. The mag wobbles sideways in the mag well, but the release works nice and snug. So in other words, tight front to back, but loose side to side on the bottom. Seems the mag release is tighter if i've got a full 10-rd mag in, as opposed to any other instance. My biggest gripe is the fitment when using the extended 15rd mag. The mag can move up and down some. I really don't care to have a grip that is sloppy and liable to fluctuate and break upon recoil. It's bearable, but not top notch. The mags do drop well, though. And for what I need the pistol for, it'll work just fine.

I do enjoy having the magazine implemented into the grip, rather than cupping/feeling the odd-sized magazine base sticking out of the grip on other brands of pistols. That was one of the big selling points for me. Top that off with the grip sleeve on the extended mag and I can't ask for anymore grip features (other than the interchangeable backstrap(s) on the XDm.

·
Registered
133 Posts
:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Ok, just wanted to know if it was just mine....Anyone having the issue of the tightness in the magwell and tightness of the mag release??
If I put the 10th round in (Pierce Extension) then it's hard to get out unless I push upward on the mag. With 9 in it, it's slightly sticky but not bad.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My XDm 19 round 9mm mags tend to rattle. I can usually fix it by taking out two or three rounds, slapping the back of the mag against my hand, reload the last two or three rounds, and slapp it against my hand again.

my .40 SC mags don't rattle at all. It must be a 9mm thing.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmmm...interesting...wonder why with just the 9mm and not the .40?:confused:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Both my 10 round and 16 round mags (9mm) do that some. Usually a rap against thigh on backside jiggles them so they don't rattle.

Also, though, soon as in the gun, the rattle goes away.

- OS

·
Registered
825 Posts
I think the rattle is evidence that there is almost room for another round. Infact 17 can be stuffed into the 16rd mag. . . wouldn't recommend it for carry though. . .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is their such thing as a 15rd mag? Is that the sub-compact or compact size mags? I hear about 16rd mags, but I can only stuff 15 into mine. Is the 16rd for service pistols? I always though that they just stuck on an extension onto the service mags for extended compact pistols.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts