Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at the range last night.. shooting factory loads and ran out and decided i would use a few of the reloads the guy i got my gun from gave to me.. well i loaded up the clip and the first 8 shots went great and on the 9nth it went poof instead of boom and the lead got stuck in the barrel.. had to push it through with a cleaning rod.. no more reloads for me. espechailly ones i didnt load myself.. i figure 9mm amo is cheap enough i can just shoot factory .

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
yeah that happens when there is no powder/little powder in the case.

Moral of story - dont shoot reloads unless they are
A) from a reputable company like georgia arms
2) you do them yourself

·
Registered
823 Posts
If anyone whol reloads, or uses reloads, tells you they have never had that happen, THEY ARE LYING!!!

Been there done that, scored two hits on one target at three hundred yards, with one shot, because I didn't pay attention to the "poof" and damn lucky I didn't break my gun.

·
Registered
239 Posts
JimLongley said:
If anyone whol reloads, or uses reloads, tells you they have never had that happen, THEY ARE LYING!!!

Been there done that, scored two hits on one target at three hundred yards, with one shot, because I didn't pay attention to the "poof" and damn lucky I didn't break my gun.
I'd say your damn lucky.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
JimLongley said:

I've seen picks of KB's because of that. You got lucky

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Forgot powder ONCE. Luckily I noticed the squib before putting another round behind it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
JimLongley said:

hmm well ive been reloading over 22 yrs and never had that happen but i did see my ol-man do it to my uncle as a joke bullet just drizzled out the end of the barrel and fell on the ground was funny as hell..
but anything can happen one can never be too attentive when reloading its very serious bussiness and should never be attempted by someone that is not focused on the task at hand...

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Been reloading for 20 years and is did happen to me had just enough poweder to get the bullet stuck 1/3 of the way down a 6 inch barrel. Lucky I noticed had a heck of a time taking the 125 gr 357 JHP out out the barrel. Dowel and lots of work.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I've had it happen with my Lee press. on numerous occasions when loading light loads for my SW 646 revolver. I had 4 or 5 out of a batch of 100.

Got rid of the Lee..... Dillons now an no problems at all.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It happened to me once about a month ago. My friend was doing the loads on my press while I gauged cases and boxed ammo. He still hasn't lived it down.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Blew the barrel of my STG-58 apart, pieces hit the guy next to me. Luckily it was the plastic hand guard that hit him. It felt like a weak load from some milsrp NATO ammo, so i thought no big deal. Luckily for me I was shooting from prone on the bipod for some long range shots. The guy next to me was about 25' away when pieces hit him. So now all "fizzles" and low loads get the gun examined right then and there.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Motion said:
i was at the range last night.. shooting factory loads and ran out and decided i would use a few of the reloads the guy i got my gun from gave to me.. well i loaded up the clip and the first 8 shots went great and on the 9nth it went poof instead of boom and the lead got stuck in the barrel.. had to push it through with a cleaning rod.. no more reloads for me. espechailly ones i didnt load myself.. i figure 9mm amo is cheap enough i can just shoot factory .
What is a "CLIP"?

·
Registered
229 Posts
XD BACKUP GUN said:
Motion said:
What is a "CLIP"?
Not again ...

Rebooting: Plague avoidance protocol initiated, subject identified as clip vs. magazine debate and education ... :roll:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts