Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the XDguys extended slide release on their XD? Any issues? wear/malfunctions, etc? How long have you had it? Is there anything out there that's better?

·
Registered
439 Posts
"I love them they are great" At leaset that is what our customers have been telling us. We will have more in a bit. We are also going to mass produce these and you will see them advertized in all the gun rags in the next few months...The cost hopefully will be less than it is now.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
XDguys are great folks to do business with, great folks with great products. I am considering an extended slide stop in the future myself. I have done business with them in the past and will do so again.

·
Registered
908 Posts
If you have short thumbs and if you can keep your thumb off of the slide release during shooting, they are really nice.

Releasing the slide with your right thumb is EASY with that product.

I took mine out of my XD-45 though, as I kept resting my thumb on it while shooting. My slide wouldn't lock back because of this.

I find myself doing the same thing with my XD-M now and I sometimes thumb the slide release up too, causing the slide to lock back when I DON'T want it to.

During my next practice session I will work on changing my grip to stop this.
(Let my right thumb rest on my left thumb, instead of up against the gun)

Kind of regret getting rid of it now...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts