Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Galco Matrix M7X for my XD 40 sub and was wondering does anyone have one and how do you like it? I would like to hear inputs negative and positive. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i have one. its crap, i used it about 4 times and switched to Comp Tac. i keep it in my shooting bag for new shooters to try, and so they can have a holster to use. then they try the Comp Tac, i have yet to have a new shooter ask to use the matrix.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
The Matrix is made for concealed carry, not really for shooting games. It does two things well: Holds the pistol tight to the body and has good retention.

Oh sorry for the three posts for the review the forum went nuts when I hit the submit button.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I have the Matrix Holster and I could not get the gun to come out of it when it was attached to my belt. I have a 4 in XD40 and this thing would not let go!!. I ended up breaking it at the rivet near the trigger guard. I took it back to where I got it and they exchanged it saying it never did that before this one has to be defective and this and that. WHATEVER!!! The new one would not let go either!!!! I had to drill out the rivet and install a spacer to make this thing fit. I called Galco and they said they have had no other complaints (I find that hard to believe) and they would look into adding a tension device. After I added my spacer it worked very well and was secure and fast. If I knew this before I would have bought my Blade-Tech a long time ago. Blade-Tech all the way for the best in plastics.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had one for months and love it. I've never had any problems drawing . . . I make sure that I draw from it at least every other trip to the range. IMHO, it's a very good holster for what it's supposed to do - conceal and hold tight.

·
Registered
22 Posts
*bump* Anyone else have any more comments about this holster since the last post? I'm thinking about picking one up for my new XD9 SC. Can't decide between this or the Don Hume 715.. not sure if I trust the clip-style holsers, though...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I have a Matrix and like mine alot. Its very convienent to get on and off with out taking your belt off. I find it holds the pistol securely but I can still draw the pistol smoothly. Its not quiet as comfortable as my high ride leather holster but its not bad. I have been using it for a PPC league I have been shooting on Wednesday nights and it does pretty good. For the money I spent on it I have been happy.

Hope that helps
mcb

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ive had one for about 2 weeks. I've worn it twice and now it's in the "drawer". Unlike a lot of other folks mine has NO retention, weather its on my belt or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like mine a lot. Retention was just waaaay too strong. So I modified mine by drilling out the rivet by the trigger guard, and replaced it with a nylon screw with an o-ring sandwiched between the two plastic sections. Still retains strongly, but now able to draw smoothly as well. Or adjust the draw to use for IDPA. Oh and this is before I painted the screw head black.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts