Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
If you have a newer frame, all you need to do is take out the little square nub that is in the smaller opening on the frame. Easy stuff.

Did you get the Bar-Sto mag extensions too?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old School said:
If you have a newer frame, all you need to do is take out the little square nub that is in the smaller opening on the frame. Easy stuff.

Did you get the Bar-Sto mag extensions too?
Not really. I just ordered a set of bumper pads from you. 8) Hopefully that'll give me just the right amount of extension. If not they'll protect the base of the mags anyway. No money loss.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
HMMM. I don't think they will give you enough length. That magwell is very deep. I think you need about 3/4" on your mags for them to be long enough. The bumper pads will give you 1/4".

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Old School said:
HMMM. I don't think they will give you enough length. That magwell is very deep. I think you need about 3/4" on your mags for them to be long enough. The bumper pads will give you 1/4".
I just pulled up a pic from James.. Looks pretty deep. You think the +2 extensions from Pearce will give me the added length? I think thats what is pictured below.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I did not think a factory basepad would work at all with a Barsto magazine well. I thought there was not enough room in the front for full insertion. I though you had to use Barsto's basepad?

mcb

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mcb said:
I did not think a factory basepad would work at all with a Barsto magazine well. I thought there was not enough room in the front for full insertion. I though you had to use Barsto's basepad?

mcb
I think it's more of a marketing ploy. The +2 extension pictured above looks just fine. There's enough of the basepad exposed under the magwell.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JD McDorce said:
021411 said:
I think it's more of a marketing ploy.
If that is the case, it is a shrewd marketing ploy since the Bar-Sto bases are $20 a piece...
I was wondering about that...The Magloc magwells are plastic right? The Bar-Sto magwells are aluminum. Does that make a huge difference on price?

·
Registered
276 Posts
As JD mentioned, cost on items like these are largerly controlled by volume. And the major problem, at this point, with producing parts for XD's is the very small market. Compared to the 1911, which is our major market, it is very expensive to produce parts for the XD. We are committed to addressing the XD market but on the other hand still have to pay the guys in the shop.

When we were working on the various trigger parts, there was no way to produce enough parts to get the price down to a reasonable level without producing about 5 years years worth of inventory per run, and thats just not a good investment, especially considering the small mark up.

The magwells will not accept the stock base pads, not sure on the other companies base pads. We are looking at making some hollow ones the next time we make a run of them which should be early next year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts