Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I presently have one on backorder and wanted feedback from owners on how they like it. I'm going solely on looks and reliability of Springfields because I love my XD 40sc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
I had a Black Stainless. It was a good pistol. I had to have the sights tweaked with because at 15 feet it shot about 5 inches high and to the right..
If you buy it shoot the crap out of it. As you continue to read and learn about SA1911's you will be hearing allot about the MIM parts and how everyone wants to replace them. I have never broken a thing. Just shoot the hell out of it, and if you do break something replace it then. If you are one of those people that plan on buying it then upgrading everything, just buy a TRP..

Be Well,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Assuming that a SA 1911 would be reliable because your XD is reliable is like buying a Dodge Neon because your Ford Escort is a good car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Bobby Lee said:
Assuming that a SA 1911 would be reliable because your XD is reliable is like buying a Dodge Neon because your Ford Escort is a good car.
Not exactly. It'd be more like saying your buying a Dodge Magunm because your Dodge Neon is reliable. Same company, similiar design pros / cons, probably similiar reliability.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
IDPA buddy of mine owns one. Shoots great, finish is very nice (looks way better in person vs. pictures.) It shoots exactly like the SA loaded Parkerized I just picked up. I like the adjustable night sights that come stock with the BSS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
I got one from Bud's Gun Shop last year. $584 was a price that I couldn't pass up. It's hands down my favorite gun, and utterly dependable since my gunsmith tuned the extractor. I had the usual problem of the last round in the mag stovepiping BADLY, with the casing crushed in the ejection port.

jb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Firepower_426 said:
Bobby Lee said:
Assuming that a SA 1911 would be reliable because your XD is reliable is like buying a Dodge Neon because your Ford Escort is a good car.
Not exactly. It'd be more like saying your buying a Dodge Magunm because your Dodge Neon is reliable. Same company, similiar design pros / cons, probably similiar reliability.
Springfield imports the XD. They have NOTHING to do with it's design or it's reliability or the quality control.

Comparing it to a 1911 they do make is not logicial and there is no reason to assume their 1911 would good because the XD is good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Unbeliever said:
I got one from Bud's Gun Shop last year. $584 was a price that I couldn't pass up. It's hands down my favorite gun, and utterly dependable since my gunsmith tuned the extractor. I had the usual problem of the last round in the mag stovepiping BADLY, with the casing crushed in the ejection port.

jb
Their extractors are junk. It will give you trouble again unless you replace it with a really good aftermarket spring steel part such as one sold by Wilson.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
Firepower_426 said:
Isn't their like 3 models,

The GI WW2, the Mil Spec, and the Loaded?
Is the SA 1911-A1 different from the Loaded?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
Bobby Lee said:
Firepower_426 said:
Bobby Lee said:
Assuming that a SA 1911 would be reliable because your XD is reliable is like buying a Dodge Neon because your Ford Escort is a good car.
Not exactly. It'd be more like saying your buying a Dodge Magunm because your Dodge Neon is reliable. Same company, similiar design pros / cons, probably similiar reliability.
Springfield imports the XD. They have NOTHING to do with it's design or it's reliability or the quality control.
You got inside info huh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Bobby Lee said:
Firepower_426 said:
Bobby Lee said:
Assuming that a SA 1911 would be reliable because your XD is reliable is like buying a Dodge Neon because your Ford Escort is a good car.
Not exactly. It'd be more like saying your buying a Dodge Magunm because your Dodge Neon is reliable. Same company, similiar design pros / cons, probably similiar reliability.
Springfield imports the XD. They have NOTHING to do with it's design or it's reliability or the quality control.

Comparing it to a 1911 they do make is not logicial and there is no reason to assume their 1911 would good because the XD is good.
I'm aware of that, thank you, but reputable companies don't put their stamp on everything. Well, at least not usually :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Waldo said:
You got inside info huh?
The XD is made in Croatia. They were making this gun long before SA INC starting importing it under their name.

SA INC did not design the gun. they had nothing to do with it's development.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Lumberjack98 said:
Yeah right!

I'm pretty sure they sent over some of their boys to check the place out and offer some advice.
SA INC has no business trying to tell anyone about quality control.

The fact that SA does not run the factory where the XD is made is one of the reasons it has such few major problems.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top