Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got diagnosed with RA and have loss some strength in my hands making it hard to rack the slide. Looking for something to help out with my xds.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Not sure if you have tried it, but another technique is to not pull the slide, but rather push the frame while holding the slide still.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
There is a forum for women with firearms somewhere in the internet. They discussed this issue which was helpful for my wife (5'0", 100lbs soaking wet, not super strong). They showed a technique of pointing the weapon down, pulling up with the hand on the grip and pushing down with the hand on the slide. It was helpful for my wife.

http://www.corneredcat.com/article/running-the-gun/rack-the-slide/

Good luck & best wishes!

Also found:
http://www.usacarry.com/racking-pistol-slide-technique-not-strength/

http://brassstacker.com/slide-pulls/

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here you go:

Tactical charging handle and Glock slide pull

Do some looking at this one for a Glock. I just traded in my 2 XD's on Glocks. I just happen to see this the other day when ordering some Glock stuff. The worst case is you will have to have a Glock. The company that supples these may make them for XD's too. Check it out. They call it a charging handle and fits on the back of the slide. I traded my XDs 45 for a Glock 36 in 45. I like it much better. Seems to handle recoil a lot better and you can fix the trigger on a Glock a lot easier than the XD. One part 5 minute drop it and a better trigger. I went over to the other side. I have four now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here you go:

Do some looking at this one for a Glock. I just traded in my 2 XD's on Glocks. I just happen to see this the other day when ordering some Glock stuff. The worst case is you will have to have a Glock. The company that supples these may make them for XD's too. Check it out. They call it a charging handle and fits on the back of the slide. I traded my XDs 45 for a Glock 36 in 45. I like it much better. Seems to handle recoil a lot better and you can fix the trigger on a Glock a lot easier than the XD. One part 5 minute drop it and a better trigger. I went over to the other side. I have four now.
I joined the dark side as well. Traded my xd .45 on a glock 22. Never looked back. Love my glock. :)

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
There is a forum for women with firearms somewhere in the internet. They discussed this issue which was helpful for my wife (5'0", 100lbs soaking wet, not super strong). They showed a technique of pointing the weapon down, pulling up with the hand on the grip and pushing down with the hand on the slide. It was helpful for my wife.
Maybe I'm not correctly reading what you wrote, but I think you have that backwards. I do believe you would be pushing down with the hand on the grip while pulling up with the hand on the slide. ;)

·
Premium Member
128,000 Posts
Maybe I'm not correctly reading what you wrote, but I think you have that backwards. I do believe you would be pushing down with the hand on the grip while pulling up with the hand on the slide. ;)
Good eye! You are correct...he had it "bass ackwards."

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Not sure if you have tried it, but another technique is to not pull the slide, but rather push the frame while holding the slide still.
Better knows as the Combat Cock?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Here you go:

We are sorry you have reached your "glock" in one post limit for the day please try again tomorrow. :mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts