Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy told me to try Ballistol for cleaning my guns. I have never even heard of it before.

Any input ?

Thanks
Cleaner

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used it for about a year or so. I like it but my wife absolutely hated the smell. I ended up giving it away. As a CLP, it worked as well as any others I've tried.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I've never used it but always wanted some.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I've been using it for about a year now and have no complaints. The smell is strong though. I don't mind it myself.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that's good enough for me. Im gonna order some up.

Thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Its great stuff. I dont mind the smell. I find letting it sit for just a few minutes longer yields great results, as its a different breed of cleaner. Also can be used with black powder, and you dont have to worry about getting it on anything or your skin. Its actually good for wood and leathet too.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
We use it on our sewing machines and equipment and it works pretty well. The girls in the shop said it smell's like dirty socks....

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Ballistol is a good all around cleaner and lubricant. It seems to work its way into the metal and leave a nice slick but non-sticky finish. Because of this, it makes it easier to clean your gun the second and subsequent times you use it. It is completely non toxic and has even been sprayed on wounds in the battlefield to prevent infection. It will not harm wood, plastic, leather, or metal, though you should be careful about using it on firearms with metalwork inlays as it may, like many other lubricants, cause them to come out. Other than that one caution, it has been a very good product for me on my guns.

Reactions: XDmax

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use it to clean. It does alright as a lube but it's a little thin for my liking. I use full synthetic mobile1 for lube.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Watching Hickok45 made me buy some the other day. Seems to work pretty well. I feel better about getting it on my hands, than brake cleaner and BreakFree too.
Who is Hickok45 ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts