Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little BUG caught my attention and have been researching it for a few days and haven't found anything really bad about it? So what say you about the CM9?

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I THINK I'll be getting one at some point, the trigger is like buttah but for me the trigger is a little too light for a "pocket gun", I would say it's fine in a holster.
Several folks here have one, just search around in the "Non-XD Handguns" section while you wait for them to show up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well I guess I qualify as far as having experience with the CM9, since I bought mine the first day they where released for sale back in March:)

You won't find much bad about them because they are a good little gun. I am very active on Kahrtalk.com and the overwhelming percentage of reviews from owners posting over there are very positive.

I am very pleased with mine. I have a CTC laser, Trijicon front night sight, and Traction grips installed on mine. I would guess I am up around 600-800 rds through it and it is running great. I carry it almost everyday, for summer in my front cargo shorts pocket.

If you have any specific questions, just ask. I have lot's more pic's too if you want to see something specific. I did post my first range report on here back in April, I don't think many guys knew about them then as only one guy made a comment but if you want to read it here is the link.
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd-handguns/173301-kahr-cm9-range-report.html

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have one with over 1000 rounds down the pipe. I love this little beauty.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Only have about 70 rounds down my 'new' CM9 but so far I love it! The trigger is smooth ...recoil amazingly light for a 'bug' ...and shoots very accurate!

I just bought a 'Pearce Grip' for it and installed it on one of my mags but haven't shot with it since. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

I have a gun buddy that just bought a PM9 right after I bought my CM9 and he told me that he just put his PM9 thru it's 200 round break-in without a hitch! He said he was popping off rounds as fast as he could and no FTFs or any other problems. He has been working on his shooting technique and wasn't as initially ecstatic about his PM9 as I was with my CM9 but after the last conversation I had with him, it appears that he's joined the growing group of PM9/CM9 shooters that are completely happy with their little Kahr.

He was initially planning on buying a CTC laser for his PM9 but has now decided that he is so accurate with it, that he doesn't need one.

As 'beardog' replied ....there is a wealth of info over on kahrtalk.com about the CM9/PM9 if you want to check them out. Both he ...and his forum reference was very helpful and informative when I was making the decision to buy mine.

Don't let the lack of an external safety concern you too much. It has an internal 'striker block' safety built into it's mechanics. Even though the trigger is very smooth and light ...it's fairly long ...and should be adequate for safety as long as you carry in a holster that covers the trigger area, IMO.

And ...with a little practice at the range, I think you'll learn that you can 'pre-pull' the trigger back to a comfortable bent-finger position without fear of firing the gun (while aiming at the target, of course) ...and pausing very briefly ...before completing the remaining short distance to fire the CM9. IMO, this helps to improve an already very accurate shooting handgun in the CM9/PM9.

Good luck ...and my advise. Buy one! I don't think you'll be disappointed in the least!

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Great gun. I have a little over 250 rounds through mine and it has fed, fired, and ejected every round without issue. The trigger is exceptional, but what really caught my attention was how light the recoil is for such a small, light gun. I say get one.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Not with the CM9 but the pM9 is a sweet shooter, it's my EDC.
same here

only advice, get on kahrtalk.com and go over the tech section notes on gun prep and proper lube, you should have no troubles.

kahrs are very quality feeling pistols

heres mine

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol thanks guys! checked this yesterday as I was walking out the door from work everyone said it was good to go to I made way to my local gun shop and left with a new edc thanks! now making way to kahrtalk!

·
Registered
895 Posts
lol thanks guys! checked this yesterday as I was walking out the door from work everyone said it was good to go to I made way to my local gun shop and left with a new edc thanks! now making way to kahrtalk!
congrats, i'm on kahrtalk with the same name, see you there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts