Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a two tone XD and all the talk of rust has me worried.

I hear that hardchroming helps alleviate the problem.

Anyone here have that done? Who did it for you and how much does it cost?

How long is the pistol gone for?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I do not know about 2 tone. I had my XD sub hardchromed by Tripp Research in TX last month and I am very pleased. Just sent them the slide and it was about a 2 week turn around time. $80 plus $10 for shipping back.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The "rust problem" is way over blown in my opinion. Just keep it oiled and you'll be cool. My bitone XD 45GAP hasnt had any signs of rust. I've only had it a little over a month though. But I do keep it oiled with CLP.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the rust. I have 6 xds and I've only had rust problems with 1 of them. The bitone should be more resistant to rust to begin with. If I were you, I'd just wait and see. If you do develop rust issues, you could always get it hard chromed then. Depending on where you send your slide, you're probably going to pay around $80-$100. Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
212 Posts
LTC-USA said:
I do not know about 2 tone. I had my XD sub hardchromed by Tripp Research in TX last month and I am very pleased. Just sent them the slide and it was about a 2 week turn around time. $80 plus $10 for shipping back.

LTC-USA,

Any pics of the chrome job? I have a 40 sub and am looking into having the finish re-done.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Not sure how to do it yet. Look at the second page of this to SA-XD Talk and see "Got my tactical back from Tripp". Looks exactly like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts