Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WalMart was out of the Winchester .40 Value Packs so I tried the little bit more expensive 100 ct. value back Remington UMC 180 gr. JHP equivalent (green and white box). Had a few failures to fire. Hard primers? I was using my Don Rod and 20# and 22# springs for the first time but I can't believe that would have anything to do with it.

SA XD40 Service OD Green

·
Registered
157 Posts
i shoot the remington fmj in the 9mm and the 40 and havent had a problem i do have the jhp but come to think of it i havent shot those...because the jhp cost more i shoot the fmj...maybe i need too...i have had problems with winchester white box for some reason...

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I have used this ammo and had no problems. It can be a good find when it is there.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've used it and had no problems. only thing different I noticed was a little more muzzle flash! bout it.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
A bit more muzzle flash, can visually seeing a flash from it compared to whitebox that doesn't give me any...and its a bit dirtier, but since when wasn't Remington dirty? :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i've had some FTF probs in .45caliber in my Ruger P90
never tried any in my XD tho :?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I've found it dirty too but never had any problems with it. I get all I want for free in .38 thanks to my uncle. I shoot it all the time through my Blackhawk.

brad cook

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I had problems with their 9mm not being able to hit a target at 15 feet

·
Registered
9 Posts
I shoot the 40 sw UMC 180 gr JHP's from walmart all the time....matter of fact, it's my carry ammo too. I've never had a single FTF, or any other problem with it.

It is only a little dirty.

WWB FMJ 180gr work great in my xd-40 too...

only ammo my pistol doesn't like (that i've tried) is WWB 180 gr JHP's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So far so good with umc. My gun eats it up and throws the brass in a nice little pile just in case I decide to reload it. Is it accurate? I don't know.
I can only shoot on Monday mornings and it seems to be so windy here in
wisconsin that it has been hard to shoot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts