Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my local FFL dealer order me two DPMS complete lowers back on Nov.12. They haven't shown up yet. When I called RGUNS they said it might be a few more weeks before they even get them. The question is.... Is this whole Obama thing truely causing such a supply and demand crisis that there is a justifiable wait? Or is it just poor business practices by this company?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Had my local FFL dealer order me two DPMS complete lowers back on Nov.12. They haven't shown up yet. When I called RGUNS they said it might be a few more weeks before they even get them. The question is.... Is this whole Obama thing truely causing such a supply and demand crisis that there is a justifiable wait? Or is it just poor business practices by this company?
Yes. You're going to have to wait for AR parts, no matter WHO you order from. If your shop doesn't have it on the shelf, don't plan on getting it for several weeks. :mad:

That's just the nature of things right now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've known several who have dealt with RGuns. They are true to their word and one of FEW places that have not marked up their prices on "Assault Rifles"

I put it in quotes to be sarcastic. I'm glad my first post is to help someone out.

You can also verify by looking at their DPMS ARs in .308 prices. they are still near the 1G mark. People are buying them by the boat load from RGuns and selling them elsewhere for $1500 +

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a DPMS upper on order (and paid for) with R-Guns. I paid for it as they told me it was in stock. When it did not show up I called and they said "a few days". Well, a few weeks later they said "a few months maybe". 8 yes 8 months later- nothing. I orderd the upper in March- way before the panic so I was just waiting it out. Not really pissed as I have a few AR's but between R-Guns and DPMS I was being run around like a fool. Both of them sent replies with specific BS as to ETA's. I was polite and inquiries were few and far between- monthly at the most. Dec 11 I got an Email from RGuns saying they had $5 million in back orders with DPMS and were not sure if they would be able to fill any order within 18 months. They refunded my $680 to my CC and apologized for the situation. I'm cool with that but I know I could have found another upper somewhere else in that time frame if I was not lead on so much at the beginning. I did recieve lowers on time from them so it was not all bad. I know the SASS will be way more $ from now on though. I did find a near new complete LR308 for $850 on the EE in October so I got what I wanted just in a different form. Just my R-Guns story.

BTW, RGuns is not selling boat loads of DPMS .308's. The prices have not gone up because they dont have any. Just try to order one. Just try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been dealing with RGUNS for the last year +. They are almost an hour away from me, but I much prefer going there than the few local places here.

I don't think it is any fault of theirs- they can't send you what they can't get. I have been there 5 times since Election day. They have a pretty small place with only a few guys working there. Between the walk -in people and the phone, those guys don't get a second of rest lately.

I bought 1 stripped lower and 1 complete lower with a stock but both were the display models. Their display cases for AR stuff are bare. When I picked them up (2 different purchases, on different days) The stack of receipts this guy had to go thru both times had to be 3 inches thick. And the phone rang constantly.

Their prices have gone up slightly, but nowhere near the amount as alot of dealers.

Like Uraiit said, you gotta wait no matter who you order from.

I have always had good experiences with these guys.:)

·
Registered
752 Posts
I ordered a DPMS upper from rguns.net the day before election day. I had the upper on my door step Wednesday morning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check this out

AR15.COM :: Forums :: Merry Christmas from RGuns.net - IMI "Surplus" 5.56 Arrived Today

I was trying to find out for my self it this was to good to be true on those ammo prices and I seems it is. Glad I read this along with the other post on this crap ammo and terrible gun shop. Run away fast.

This place is not to be confused the the reputable company of Rguns.COM out of tx. Rguns.net is out of IL. I hope this will save some people some time and hard earned money.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I bought my first DPMS LR 308 Panther from RGuns...transaction was quick and smooth, but this was a few years ago.

Being patient is a good quality to have if you placed an order on or after November 4th.

·
Registered
156 Posts
FWIW, I would suggest looking closer to home. I was looking around on the net after the election and found DPMS stripped lowers for as much as $200.00 each. I did some looking around and found a little hole in the wall place that I never even new existed. They were aware of the shortages and still only charged $129.00 each for DPMS stripped lowers. I bought two of them. They are a very good company that I will be doing business again with in the future. Some local places are worth it. Same with P-Mags, I searched 8 pages of google searches before I found a few distributors who had them. I now have 26 pmags. This was after everyone was out of them. Call around, I'm sure you will find what your looking for. Good Luck in your search.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts