Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure enough screwed up mine today trying to make a cutaway for the grip safety on my XD40 Service. Photo showing how you trimmed yours would be much appreciated. I am what is known as "severely tool challenged."

·
Registered
65 Posts
They make them for XD's with the slot already in it. I saw them advertised on a website. I'll try to find the site again and get you a link.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don' have a pick but I can tell you what not to do. (For the SC at least). I wasn't thinking and I cut the bottom third off. I reccomend cutting the top third off or else you have the bulge where it doesn't belong.

Then I bought the pachmayr and it sucks. It slips all over the place and I don't like the texture or the shape.

Anyone want to buy the pachmayr grip for the SC? :wink:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
schorched said:
They make them for XD's with the slot already in it. I saw them advertised on a website. I'll try to find the site again and get you a link.
That's for me! I'll be waiting, thanks.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Success on my second Hogue attempt. Won't win any artistic awards where I trimmed to make room for the grip safety but I like it. THe Hogue Handall is the only way to go. The Pachmayr sucks in comparison. Too thick, moves, and it's ugly.

The secret is to do the trim while the grip is on the gun. Razor blade and folded paper under the trim area while you cut will prevent marring the grip surface.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Let's see a pic then. I've got a Pachmayr #5 and it doesn't slip at all. Looks the same as a hogue as far as I can tell and it isn't any wider.

Put your photo where your mouth is :wink:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem but how do I add a pic here??

·
Registered
163 Posts
Kraigster,

I had a handall...be careful...the grip can slip after you shoot a while and cover the grip safety... this causes you to only hav ethe trigger safety and can cause the gun to fire more quickly if yoy don't have agood grip. It acts like it isn't there. so watch it carefyully. I took mine off and put on Decals. It was just to easy NOT to be aware that this was happening. You could be handling the gun thinking that your safe and sqeeze the trigger and it will go BANG and maybe in the wrong direction. This was on the Service. I bought a pach for the SC and it totally sucks it just moves alkl over so i took it off also.

Rikoshey :twisted:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RIKOSHEY said:
Kraigster,

I had a handall...be careful...the grip can slip after you shoot a while and cover the grip safety... this causes you to only hav ethe trigger safety and can cause the gun to fire more quickly if yoy don't have agood grip. It acts like it isn't there. so watch it carefyully. I took mine off and put on Decals. It was just to easy NOT to be aware that this was happening. You could be handling the gun thinking that your safe and sqeeze the trigger and it will go BANG and maybe in the wrong direction. This was on the Service. I bought a pach for the SC and it totally sucks it just moves alkl over so i took it off also.

Rikoshey :twisted:

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on things. I had the decals on my Glock (rubber) and didn't like them. Too rough. I like the decal concept though and am surprised that more companies haven't jumped on the band wagon. I'd like to see a softer rubber decal with the same non-slip qualties as the Decal Grip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts