Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I have a FIST #1 that I like. HBE Leatherworks could probably set you up too. Others will chime in with their favs soon.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Rumor has it that Tucker Gunleather's "The Answer" is the best, thouhg quite spendy--over $100. I just got a Don Hume 715 from gunnersalley.com (excellent place to send your business). It's one of the cheapest IWB options...jury's still out on comfort.

You'll get plenty of advice here... :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
I ordered my new Tucker Answer from www.pistol-gear.com
it may be expensive, but considering that next to your gun, your holster is the most important accessory. I carry daily for over 14 hours a day so being comfortable is a key factor. (plus I have spent that much in cheap holsters for other guns trying to find a good one)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Size 15? I just bought an Uncle Mike's size 2 for my XD...

Whaaaat?

·
Registered
833 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]Size 15? I just bought an Uncle Mike's size 2 for my XD...

Whaaaat?
IWB size 2 in suppose to be 4" Revolvers I have one that I got when I bought a bunch of gun stuff at a auction, one I have in Size 2 would not fit an XD well-IMO

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Aweeeee ****.

God dammit.

It fits, it just covers up the trigger guard obnoxiously.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
+1 on the Fist #1. I like it much better than my Comp Tac IWB which is comparable to the Answer, xcept without the leather guard. I wear it on the 3'oclock position. Its made out of leather so its not so hard on your side, also, you don't have to deal with two clips to your belt, just one. I dunno, just seems like its a lot less of a pain in the ass to me, as compared to the comp tac.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have a Maverick from Dillon Precision. It's Nylon and tuckable my service model XD9 fits the medium auto model pretty well. It was less than fifteen bucks and is reasonably comfortable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
+1 for Tucker Texas Heritage. Holster is top notch and customer service is great too. I've been wearing mine 12+ hours a day for the past two months and have fallen in love with it. Granted everyone's body is built differently. I'm skinny as hell, YMMV.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Been wearing my new Answer all day today (just got it in this morning) and I am kicking myself in the ass now for not buying one sooner. Even works great with sweatpants.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
I carry my Para C7-45 in a Tucker Cover Up...great holster.
Anything Tucker is excellent!

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Verm said:
Been wearing my new Answer all day today (just got it in this morning) and I am kicking myself in the ass now for not buying one sooner. Even works great with sweatpants.
What holds it up? A draw-string? Hard to picture :?:

I have an Uncle Mikes #16 for my sub-compact. No complaints, and it cost $12. Nice and light and thin. I will attempt to sew a Velcro/elastic something or other for a makeshift strap to secure the gun better. I'll post pics if it works out...if not I guess I'll have to find another holster that won't require me to cinch my belt so tightly.

Peace,
D.

·
Registered
115 Posts
FIST #1, it’s been quite functional, comfortable, reliable and discrete. No problems with it what-so-ever. I would buy another, and I do recommend them to my friends.

My one comment would be that I had a 5^ fwd cant on it, but after wearing it for some time, I think I should have ordered it with a greater cant, just my preference. YMMV.

·
Registered
833 Posts
...if not I guess I'll have to find another holster that won't require me to cinch my belt so tightly.
Just drink a few more beers, you won't have to tighten it down so much I have a unlce mikes 15 for my 4" and that thing will not come out in most cases unless pulled, I wear it while I play with my doggie and rid my 4 wheeler never had a probleam.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I just got my DOn Hume IWB yesterday, wore it all day today. It is average as far a comfort and works as good as any of the other holsters. The cost was only $26 at Gunner's Alley internet site.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts