Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was screwing around on GB and put in a bid of $239 and some change for a Sar Arms B6 Hawk 9mm. It's a CZ clone not to be confused with the Sar B6P 9mm or the Sar K2 Hawk 9mm, both of which are much cheaper and polymer. This Hawk is all steel and used in the Turkish military. A very sturdy and accurate weapon that some say is an improvement over the original CZs. Anyway, I'll be hanged if everyone must have gotten the Hawk mistaken for the cheaper ones and I won the auction. These guns regularly sell for just under 500 bucks on up. This one was lightly used, and came with two extra mags, which aren't cheap either. I stole the thing. basically, as it had no reserve. One quirk with the weapon is that the safety is backward, but that's no big deal to me. You can carry these things locked and cocked or with it uncocked with on in the chamber and ready to fire in double action, since it's a double/single action weapon. Another thing about these sars, you can drop the mag and rack the slide to unload the weapon with the safety on. But I digress.

Has anyone ever owned the Hawk or shot one?

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
No, but post some pics I'd like to see it.

·
Registered
29,830 Posts
I've fired a SAR K2 .45; the all steel, 14-shot .45 model.

It's pretty decent, although the trigger leaves a bit to be desired when compared with my CZ-75. fairly heavy, definitely gritty...I;m sure it can be smoothed out, though.

You definitely got a killer price on it. Looking forward to your range reports on it.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've fired a SAR K2 .45; the all steel, 14-shot .45 model.

It's pretty decent, although the trigger leaves a bit to be desired when compared with my CZ-75. fairly heavy, definitely gritty...I;m sure it can be smoothed out, though.

You definitely got a killer price on it. Looking forward to your range reports on it.
Can't wait to pit it against the b6p compact, which my wife has. Hers has a 5 pound trigger pull with no grit and short reset. Just right, imo, for a CCW. I think the Hawk is kind of the 9mm version of the steel K2 45. Hope it's not gritty, but, like you say, it can be smoothed out no doubt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts