Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago I opened my local newspaper and noticed that my local gunshop ( ace hardware ) was having springfield armory show up as a promo deal, they showed up with this HUGE trailer.. to make a long story short, Handguns in my little corner of the world are so damn hard to get now. And springfield is making another trip this weekend, complete with trailer and all the goodies that make a drive to Ace so fun.. people are flat buying up every XD that hits the shelves before they even get them...I was out holster shopping ( no luck there ).. and took a couple to the gun counter to see if they would fit my XD.. they didnt even have one to try.. no 9's,40's, or 45's... in any size. any other part of the country having this problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What huge trailer? Where?
Kennewick Washington. "Griggs" owns the Ace hardware here and the trailer shuttles between the three store during the weekend.. Ill pull up the ad and post it

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I havent noticed any gun shops around here completely running out of XD's. I now that for a long time no one around where I live could get any of the subcompacts.

But all of them seem to be running through them pretty quick. But they seem pretty good about putting more on display as soon as they sell one.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
There is a rush on guns? Really? I didn't hear about that ... :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is a trailer that the Springfield distributor sends around to different shops. Here it was called the Big Rock Mobile Showroom. They have Ruger, Springfield, Winchester ammo, and more. They didn't have any Springfield's on sale when they came to Anderson SC, but they were selling Ruger P89 for 299. They have a schedule on their website, but I can't remember the website address.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The shops I frequent have been very busy lately. Luckily I'm a fairly patient person and just waited my turn when I was shopping. :)

Most shops I've been to have XDs in stock, usually at least 2 or 3 in the display cases. I don't know what the most popular guns are right now, but I would hope XDs are one of them!

·
Registered
200 Posts
My local dealer told me that 2 months ago, SA had 600 guns in stock when he placed an order. He said this month they have a 6000 gun back order. Can that be true?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
if my thanksgiving wasnt on Saturday i would make the drive

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Shortage? Nah. We have them all in VA :wink:

Actually my local dealers never seem to have many.... but when I go to the shows all the big dealers have at least 30 XD's in all forms. (and there's a gun show every weekend between Richmond and Norfolk) try gunbroker.com, theres plenty and reasonable $$$

·
Registered
158 Posts
People are buying what they can while they can ,wondering if it will all get banned or restricted with the new CHANGE.

stock up and get ready to stash.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Things are tight around here. I had to go to 3 different stores before I found one that had a 9mm service model in stock.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Maybe it depends on the store. Here in San Diego, Discount Gun Mart said XDs are out of stock everywhere and they don't know when they'll get more ("...anywhere from 1-4 weeks.")

However, I just got back from Turners - they had 44 XD40s in stock! :D Plenty of other XD models in their display case as well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts