Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems I always have to have something new to keep "the fix" satisfied. Little or big, doesn't matter. Just as long as something new's coming in the mail. Got a Maxpedition single pistol bag coming in Monday. Won't be long before it's still yet another pistol, AR, etc. . . . . Still gotta send my "conversion" barrel and slide back to get fine tuned too. I guess that'll count.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Unfortunately, yes...
+1 to this. I got my XDsc and was happy for a month. The next month I got the itch again and began obsessing over a 1911... bought a RIA compact. Then I wanted the 1911 to be Duracoated so I bought the equipment to do that. Now I'm on an AR15 kick. I plan on doing it pieces at a time to control the urges. lol.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 to this. I got my XDsc and was happy for a month. The next month I got the itch again and began obsessing over a 1911... bought a RIA compact. Then I wanted the 1911 to be Duracoated so I bought the equipment to do that. Now I'm on an AR15 kick. I plan on doing it pieces at a time to control the urges. lol.
Lol . . . But that won't last very long. ha ha Btw, Colt has a new one coming out (interchangeable uppers) if not already out. I'm gonna "vestigate" it too.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Exactly like you. I get a low feeling if I don't have mail, UPS, or Fedex coming with something at least every three weeks.

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yeah, it seems like always waiting some new item from Nachtez or Midway. Just got a part for my primer tool that I've been waiting on from RCBS in the mail today.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would be interesting to see what the next new "big" purchase is coming for some . . .

·
Banned
744 Posts
Yeah I’m in that boat too. First was the 40 compact, off to get 2 boxes of hollow point ammo, then a gun belt, Comp Tac holster, yesterday was a Pearce grip in the mailbox. Then I went to Wally World yesterday and got 3 boxes of 40 for target practice and an air rifle with scope and pellets to kill the F'n squirrels in my yard that are eating everything in site that's not made to be edible.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I am a member of another forum, AR15Chatterbox.com, and they have a thread called "Stuff" which is basically set up for everybody to show off the stuff they get in the mail. Maybe we should start one up here...Ha Ha!
Yeah, I think most of us love the anticipation of getting "Stuff" in the mail...even better when thus said "Stuff" arrives in the mail. Very disappointing when we don't have anything coming because we are broke from ordering prior "Stuff".....

Speaking of "Stuff", I am still waiting on my Spike's Tactical Punisher lower....:cool:

·
Banned
5,131 Posts
Not so much the last 8 months or so. I bought 3 guns in less than a year last year and really want to concentrate on saving for a boat and a vacation to Italy next year. I've had the itch for a 7-08 but just can't get past the guilt of forking out the money for it. I lost my job recently and before I got the new one I was able to sleep better with the savings in the bank. I'm even to the point where i don't really want to buy more ammo.

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
At least it is a Happy affliction.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Have the same problem. I try to keep it to smaller things though as to not upset the accountant. I just ordered a solid steel guide rod and the stronger striker retaining pins from PRP. I haven't had a problem with the stock striker retainer pin, I just wanted the stronger ones for piece of mind. I'm hoping the solid guide rod actually does something and makes my XDm an even softer shooting pistol than it already is.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I guess my problem is way worse than yours because I do a lot of research before I purchase and I have found that I have got to have the best product they make or Im not satisfied......bow, guns, rifles, even my car but it gets too pricey(wishful thinking)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I guess my problem is way worse than yours because I do a lot of research before I purchase and I have found that I have got to have the best product they make or Im not satisfied......bow, guns, rifles, even my car but it gets too pricey(wishful thinking)
I'm a research hog too. I won't make any major purchases until I have researched it and researched it some more...
The way I see it is if I purchase a top quality item, it will pay me back with the years of not having to have it fixed or replaced. :cool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lol . . . But that won't last very long. ha ha Btw, Colt has a new one coming out (interchangeable uppers) if not already out. I'm gonna "vestigate" it too.
I was doing great until I read your post interchangeable uppers.
There goes the stash money.

I like the idea, plus it are a colt.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Yea im the same way. If i cant afford a gun i MUST buy some accessories or ammo to satisfy the fix.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Haha right there with you, and unfortunately I see to have an expensive taste, so its even worse!!!!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

·
Registered
942 Posts
Haha right there with you, and unfortunately I see to have an expensive taste, so its even worse!!!!
I know what you mean. Im no gun snob but the pricey stuff really catches my eye lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts