Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figuring I sent my XDm off to Canyon Creek to get worked on...I needed a new bedside gun. I looked at different options and landed up getting a side by side 12ga Stoeger.

Now...before you ask, no, it is not one of those goofy "double defense" models. I landed up getting their Coach Gun Supreme with the nickel/walnut. The single trigger of the DD really turned me off to it, as did the added weight of that goofy rail. I loved the "old school" look of the supreme and those awesome double triggers...

I'm not going to say the fit and finish is flawless but it is far better than I expected for my $399. I did take it out and pop some 50 rounds through it and although my shoulder is sore...it shot well every time.

All in all I'm pretty happy I got it...it's super easy to load, easy to shoot and I don't have to worry about short stroking it. I swings better then my FN TPS as well being much lighter...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Never shot one, but I had a stoger condor O/U when I was younger. It was a good gun despite some of what I heard. Im easy to please though. There is just something nice about breaking that action open that i love about any break open shot gun.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I never owned or shot one of these guys. But I used to sell them and for the price they feel real nice with shouldering and pull. Wouldnt mind adding one to my collection if found for the right price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had one that I sold to a friend who fell in love with it during a range trip. I really liked it, and the fact that it can be broken down for traveling is very nice.

If you want some real fun find some Aguila Mini-shells. They are tiny shells, and firing both barrels at the same time feels about the same as firing one round of 2 3/4" birdshot. Also, two mini slugs fired at the same time ended up roughly 5" apart at 25yds. That has to be some hurt on an intruder. Just remember to practice those reloads.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I love my DD and I think it makes a great bedside gun with a light attached to it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have the supreme coach with the double triggers. I LOVE it. I even have taken several ruffed grouse with it. It's always either that or my 870 by the bed at night.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Stoeger double is a good gun, wish I still had mine.
I've got really good close-range guns, but a good, short double imbues me with confidence. Then again, I actually practice with my shotguns.
I like my H&R Pardner Pump (18" barrel, steel receiver) but NOTHING handles like a double. I'm going to get another very soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts