Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately (when hunting) I have been carrying my XD-40 in the provided (at sale) holster. I have come to realize that the holster is wearing the finish off of the slide. Is this covered by the warranty since it was the XD holster and was provided with the package?

Has anyone else had this problem?

How in the hell do I fix this...?

thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no...i understand that, but this is actually streaks of finish being worn off.

i don't know...maybe i'm just going crazy because I love this gun so much. my last gun was quite worn...it just seems like this is different.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Your gun is going to wear at all the edges, the holster will accelerate this. It's something thats going to happen no matter what, unless you never handle it and never shoot it. You could have it refinished but with a little time it will just wear again.

The finish is the last thing you'll be worrying about if you ever need to draw in a defensive situation. Trust me been there (only had to draw never fired thank god) twice.

My XD 40 service looks like it has been lighty steel wooled on the sides of the slide from my C-TAC holster but I don't worry about it due to the fact she's working on 2500 flawless rounds which is the main concern as it's my primary carry gun. Now if it was a $2500 show piece 1911 I'd be pissed.

If it really bothers you you can call Springfield and see if they will refinish it under warranty if not give ajames a call, he does nice work for a great price.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
As stated, if you use any type of holster, be it Kydex or Leather, its going to eventually wear on the finish. Call it character, it does in no way affect the way the gun works. Every gun I own, that I carry, shows at least some holster wear and most of them have much better finishes than the XD. If you want a VERY durable finish, opt for hardchroming.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Ive been using my XD holster and an Uncle Mikes Kydex holster, here is the resulting wear it has had on my gun. It doesnt bother me though, I have yet to have a rust issue.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What do you guys reccommend for a holster that gives the least amount of wear over time ? Kydex, Leather, Nylon ? Any specific brands and models?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
It depends on what your going to use it for. Here are my prferences.
Carry...............Leather....comfort
Competition......Kydex......Speed
Thigh/Tactical....Nylon.......Protetive to gun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts