Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I just got my grandpa's Model 64 in .32 Winchester Special. He passed a couple of months ago and left me a few guns. This particular 64 was made sometime in the mid forties according to the serial number. Winchester production records were weird at that time due to WWII. It was my great grandfather's rifle before he had it. It was passed down to me as the only grandson.

Tommorow I am going to take it shooting. It is in great shape, I would say 95% overall. The bluing has a few bright spots, but absolutly zero rust. The bore is perfect. The stock is in good shape with a few dings and scratches that come with being used as a hunting rifle.

The crazy part is that it probably has not been shot since the mid seventies. I know for a fact it has not been shot for atleast 30 years, probably closer to 35 or 40. It is in great shape as I said, so I'm not worried about shooting it, just extremely excited.

Does anyone else on here have a 64 or a .32 Special? I would be curious to know, I know their not that common. Sorry for the long post, just really excited about this rifle and the significance it has to me. I will post pics and a mini range report tommorow.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have a 1906 model 94 Saddle Carbine, the .32 ammo is tough to find. I've been ordering mine from Cheaper than Dirt. Fun gun to shoot, keep hit clean, to stop corrision, they seem to last forever, enjoy!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 1906 model 94 Saddle Carbine, the .32 ammo is tough to find. I've been ordering mine from Cheaper than Dirt. Fun gun to shoot, keep hit clean, to stop corrision, they seem to last forever, enjoy!!!
Sounds like a really cool rifle you have. I hear you on the .32 ammo being hard to find. I have found a few places on the internet that have it and got lucky and found some in a store today. Bi-Mart in Walla Walla Washington has not one, but two different loads. I got a box of Remington Core Lokts and a box of Hornady Leverlutions. The Remingtons were $24.79 and the Hornadys were $22.79. That was cheaper than online prices! I figured I would try both. I was lucky and got my grandpa's reloading dies and some brass and loaded ammo as well. I will have to accumulate some brass and work up a load for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts