Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been having serious holster wear on my xd9sc, but have been putting off sending it to SA. Then a lamp went out on the rear Trijicon, so I knew at least the slide was going in for repair (warranty). When I called I mentioned the finish problem and asked about the Armory-Kote, the lady I spoke with told me that finish wear is expected on the xd and it isn't usually covered under warranty, but to know for sure they'd have to inspect it. So I'm concerned they might try to hose me.

I sent the entire pistol, because of all the wear on the grip safety, slide release, and take down lever, as well as every edge and corner on the slide. Mentioned in the letter I sent along that I knew from this board that the xd was known for an inferior finish applied in Croatia.

Has anyone tried to get the armory-kote under warranty and been denied, or has anyone had to go through a hassle to get this done?

·
Registered
380 Posts
In the process of trying.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Finish wear is pretty spotty for covering under warrenty. The one that they do warrenty is rust

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yeah, the grip safety on mine is basically bare metal. I also noticed yesterday at the range that the slide serrations are getting worn from working the slide.

·
Registered
157 Posts
when i talked to megan,she in no way questioned me...although my complaint was about rust...but when i sent it in i cleaned it before it left and had no rust on it...i thought they would check to make sure but i never heard anything....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, I haven't really had a problem with rust in a while, since I started taking better care of the pistol. Maybe they'll call, and I'll tell them about the time I woke up to find my slide almost entirely coated with a fine "dusting" of rust. after hardly any work it came off, and since I just went to the range this weekend, the pistol is newly cleaned and there's not a spot on it. I guess we'll just wait and see.

·
Registered
85 Posts
my xd9sub is a working gun.
my working guns tend to be used.
used guns tend to be not perfect in finish.
i do not care if some finish is removed by hands on useage.

now over 1.7k rounds, mostly aluminum blazer(8 fte, no ftf).

that offputting patina is well earned.
from sweaty hands, grease, body excretions.

i've pointed up sub's checkering with a riffler file.
tedious but worth it
now it really grabs the skin.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so I suppose that means you were not denied the armory kote then? Cuz that was the question. I appreciate your opinion, but how was it helpful to the question presented in this post?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
My grip safety is also starting to wear, i figure it as a wear & tear problem rather than the finish itself.

I don't mind the finish "wearing" off but I do look down upon it actually rusting.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
ampleworks said:
My grip safety is also starting to wear, i figure it as a wear & tear problem rather than the finish itself.

I don't mind the finish "wearing" off but I do look down upon it actually rusting.
My grip safety lost the finish, it has a very weak coating on it. I ended up removing the remaining finish and polished it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts