Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'll wipe my blued and Park'd guns with some Rem-oil once in awhile, especially if I've handled them alot.
You mean taken them outa the safe, looked at them, touched the metal, and then re-oiled them right? I only ask because that qualify's as 'handling them a lot - need oil' in my world. Or maybe in the OCD world. Or maybe i AM huffing the rem-oil too much :rolleyes::mrgreen:

·
Registered
792 Posts
You mean taken them outa the safe, looked at them, touched the metal, and then re-oiled them right? I only ask because that qualify's as 'handling them a lot - need oil' in my world. Or maybe in the OCD world. Or maybe i AM huffing the rem-oil too much :rolleyes::mrgreen:
If I take them out just to look at them no. If I take them to the range, then yes. My plastic grip guns would really have no reason to be re-oiled if I was just looking at them. My safe has a dehumidifer and a heat rod. Never seen rust on any of my guns in the safe. If I see rust on any of my guns from some light handling then the finish is garbage and its time to refinish. I had this happen to my blued PT1911 and my original XD with the older finish but I did'nt put either in the safe but in a drawer overnight. In the morning there was surface rust where I touched it. Both guns had Barricade rust proofing spray on them to. Both have poor finishes and I'll eventually get them refinished.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts