Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Yep no problem, A jacket is pretty much required though.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
I've always thought a concealed carry model of the m9 would be perfect.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Yes, I've done it and it only works under a jacket as bigun said.
I used a pancake holster that held the gun up high and tight.
Great gun.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I've always thought a concealed carry model of the m9 would be perfect.
There are 3 seperate versions that will fit your bill, unfortunately none are still in production. 92M, 92C, or 92 Centurion, My favorite is the Centurian as it uses full sized 15 rd mags and is the Commander version of the 92 series.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I've taken my 96FS for a spin or two.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i regularly carry my 96fs inox, i have a inside waist holster that fit at the small of my back. the weight and size is no problem, because i trade out for a full size s.s. 1911 on occasion.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I CCW'd my 96 Beretta a few times.

I have a OWB DeSantis Speed Scabbard and with an untucked longer shirt and a tucked in t-shirt...you CAN conceal the big beast. Sorry, but the thought of IWB and that thick chunky pistol in our heat and humidity sounds VERY uncomfortable.

The Speed Scabbard holds the big 96F close to the body and does not allow it to flop or sag at all. I have Speed Scabbards for several pistols and really like this as a CCW holster.

Yes..it CAN be done...especially up north, where its cooler and you usually wear an outer coat or shirt jacket. You CAN conceal the big 92/96/M9 if you get creative.

I gave up on it most of the time, because I found the P228 and Colt Combat Commander to be the easier ones to CCW, since they're shorter and thinner.

I think the easiest full-size "service" 9mms to CCW have got to be the Hi-Power and the CZ-75...but thats just me. The M9/92/96 Beretta is a good shooter but too thick, chunky and heavy for all the time comfort.

- Brickboy240

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
I CCW'd both my 96 and 92 on several occasions. I actually got "outed" once while carrying my 92 Brigadier Inox. Woke up in the middle of the night with a raging fever. Didn't have a fever reducer in the house. Decided to make a very sick trip to Wal Mart at 2:00 a.m. I don't go anywhere, especially that time of night without a handgun. I had my 92 already loaded and in a holster from carrying it previously that day. Went to the pharmacy area, grabbed a bottle of Ibuprofen. Hoofed it back to the counter to pay for it. The woman asked me if I was a cop. I said "no, why". She pointed down to the 2" of Beretta barrel sticking out below my jacket. LOL!!! I grabbed my short jacket, not thinking. Only time i have ever done that. Sick from the fever, and just not thinking right. i just told her that I was "legal". She didn't panic. The place was a ghost town, anyway at that time of night.

So, yes, I have carried it a few times.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Not an M9 but I've CC'ed my Cougar in a Supertuck. Cougar is about the same size as a Centurion. Conceals easily but kind of heavy and would take some getting used to to routinely carry.

Nowadays I pocket carry a SW 442 in a pocket holster. Don't even know it's there and if I go down b/c I needed more than 5 shots well, I was probably going down anyway....

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yes, during my pre-XD 45 days. I'm tall & thin so concealing the M9 IWB is no more difficult than concealing my XD 45 IWB.

M9 Carry Setup:

XD 45 Carry Setup:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I carried mine the other day for 8 hrs in a pair of shorts , big t-shirt and an outer-waist-band holster ( Don Hume H721 O.T. ) I almost forgot it was there .
Awesome gun
Awesome holster

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
True.

The 92/96/M9 is a very goood shooter, if you can handle its size. Accurate, reliable and a very soft kicker in 9 or 40.

- Brickboy240

1 - 13 of 13 Posts