Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wear about a 7 pound belt during 10-60% of the day, depending on requirements. I use a quick-release buckle and a 2" nylon belt inside a neoprene cushion. There is a break in the cushion between 10 and 2 o'clock. My buddy sent me a link to the thunderwear site, but I think he was joking:cool:

What are you using for a holster?

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Almost sounds like your talking about a nail bag? Are talking about those types of tool bags??? Never really thought about it. While framing, I take my weapon off. I afraid of dropping it.. I still use my issued one, but made a modification to it..

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
It does look like a climber belt or positioning belt. Do you also wear a vest?? What about doing a shoulder holster? If your a climber an ankle holster would not work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's made by a company that does flying harnesses for stuntman. I'm on set at least 12hrs at a time and about the only place that doesn't get touched or bumped into is my crotch area. I'm kinda leery about have a piece in my groin though, but I think I'm being a little paranoid about that.

I usually wear shorts because of the heat, though think pants might be an option.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am a trim carpenter and wear a carpenters rig tool belt and the only way for me is a shoulder holster when at work.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I would probably dedicate a pocket to just carry my firearm on a tool belt,that would be the safest for sure.Something like a flap sewn over a pocket with a snap.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I have one of these that allows me to carry when nothing else will work.
I dont use it often but its great for my kel-tec.

Kramer T-Shirt - Magills.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts