Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just wondering how many people that carry daily carry a full-size (4.5)? I know it can all be determined from how big someone who is using and carrying the pistol. Open carry or IWB. Recently picked up an AG IWB for my XDm, I have ride height bottomed out, sits comfortable. I am a bigger guy but keeping bulge down can be hard mattering what you wear. Just curious if more people stay with Compact or Subcompacts to carry, or go all out with Full-Size. Thanks for inputs.

1.jpg

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I carry full size 1911 occasionally OWB. But usually something much smaller and lighter.

Reactions: KShuey

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uhoh. Hope you get it back. least your still protected with the XD45

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
sometimes a full size 1911. I'm 5'10" and 200

Reactions: KShuey

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I can carry a fullsize M&P .40 w/ 15rd in a Comp-Tac. Secret is to carry it as low as you can with a fairly aggressive forward cant. I put mine canted so the grip curve is right where the love handle area is. I can wear jeans & a t-shirt (little oversized) for concealment.
However, driving is a Bi**h.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I carry a XD 45 service model 4" barrel but I start carrying my gf XDS and sometimes her XDM too lol so I use all springfield from XD to XDS to xdm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I carry the XDM 9mm 4.5 in a Crossbreed Supertuck every day. I am able to tuck my shirt in without printing even with just a T-shirt and jeans or shorts. A good belt is also needed.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I carry my 4.5 XDM in .45 quite often. I use N82 holsters. Very very happy with them. Pretty damn comfy and conceal really well.

I switch between the 4.5, 3.8, and 3.3 but no issues with carrying the full-size.

·
Registered
497 Posts
For the past three or four years, I EDCed my XDm .45acp 4.5" in a Theis Hybrid holster. Works fine for me. I have recently began carrying my PX4 more often than the XDm, but I switch back and forth depending on my mood and manner of dress. Both are fairly easy to conceal for me.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I carry full size 1911 everyday in crossbreed supertuck. I went from a Ruger sr9c to a xds 3.3 to full size. Been carrying 1911 for over a year now.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Lately, I've been carrying my Sig Pro 9mm. I'd call it a full size, though a bit less than 4.5. I tuck IWB and just wear a sleeveless shirt or other over it. I walk my dog about two miles and it carries just fine.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
I carry a full sized 1911 in a KingTuk IWB every day. I'm 6'1" weight 215 lbs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just started carrying an XDM 4.5 9mm in a IWB holster from www.firearmholster.com
So far I love it. Had to go up a pant size but I was expecting that wanting to carry IWB.
Nice thing about this holster is I can switch it to an OWB if i choose to easily just by running the belt through the slots.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've tried open carry with a Glock 34. Hey, what else you gonna do with a Glock? It's not like you actually want to take it to the range & shoot it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts