Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
that would be one bad encounter if someone tried to cause trouble......

·
Registered
311 Posts
I just started to. I bought the tactical for other reasons and just so happened to use it for carry. I'm 6'3" and 175lbs. and you cannot notice it on me at all unless I bend over. The Tactical conceals as good as the service IMHO. The only difference is 1 inch of extra barrel which is going down the side of your leg anyway. The only part that shows with carrying is the grip. It is a tad heavier though. It is all preference and to me the tactical is not big at all, and a service feels like a pocket gun to me as I have big hands. Obviously the tactical is not the preferred carry choice but it can defenitely be done without a problem especially if you got a little junk in the trunk. :wink:

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
My friend has a XD40 tactical and we were talking about it and ^^^^ he's right the only difference is the extra inch of the barrel. He was having a hard time finding a holster though. . . on his budget.

Krackels

·
Registered
181 Posts
I carry mine in my hat (like Yancy Derringer used to do).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm 6'1" and 220lbs. I ordered a Sparks versa max IWB from Lightning arms. They had it in stock along with a Milt Sparks double mag pouch The tactical fits beautifully and under a light vest, you don't know it's there.I won't use anything else but a Sparks. :p

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes i do and it fits me just fine i am very comfortable with it . But thats my personal comfort level.
To each hir / her own.
I feel comfortable carring my XD-Tactical 9MM as my conceal weapon.
I use a Fobus holster.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I carry my XD9 Service model no problem, I also carry from time to time a Taurus PT100 (5" barrel) or a Government Modle 1911 (also 5" Barrel) with no problem. Generaly, the grip is the hardest part of the gun to conceal. If you carry IWB the barrel is inside where it can't be seen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I carry my XD-40 tac concealed for a short period almost everyday. It's also my duty weapon. It goes from my waistband to my duty belt, and back to my waistband, until I get back home in the evenings. It's with me about 13 hrs a day.
In fact I'm closer to, and spend more time with it than my wife. :?

I'm of a shorter build, but carrying sob, you can't tell I have it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts