Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With everything going on I have been picking up any fairly priced 357 and 38spl.plus any 9mm if it's under 20$ a box. definitely any 9 at 18$ or less.which I have come across a fair amount lately.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I just recieved 150 rounds of Speer LE 124 Drain Gold Dots, from Underwood I got
.40 S&W 155GR. EXTREME TERMINAL PERFORMANCE (XTP®) JACKETED HOLLOW POINT HUNTING & SELF DEFENSE AMMO223$22.99
  • Ordered5
  • Shipped5
$114.95
.380 ACP +P 90GR. EXTREME TERMINAL PERFORMANCE (XTP®) JACKETED HOLLOW POINT HUNTING & SELF DEFENSE AMMO141$19.99
  • Ordered6
  • Shipped6
$119.94
.357 SIG 125GR. BONDED JACKETED HOLLOW POINT HUNTING & SELF DEFENSE AMMO149$21.99
  • Ordered1
  • Shipped1
$21.99
.38 SPECIAL +P 158GR. KEITH HI-TEK COATED HARD CAST HUNTING AMMO734$25.99
  • Ordered3
  • Shipped3
$77.97
.30 CARBINE 85GR. XTREME CAVITATOR® SOLID MONOLITHIC HUNTING & SELF DEFENSE AMMO854$37.50
  • Ordered2
  • Shipped2
$75.

I have more of everything of course, 38 is not a priority but I wanted some carry ammo there, really just fleshing out the stores some. Wife is less than impressed even though the 9MM is mostly for her.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Only reason I'm buying any ammo now is if I find a deal (rare) or just to shoot so I don't dip into my reserve. Definitely haven't been shooting as much as I like either.

Reactions: Boycan

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
There is still a shortage in my area, except for Midwest 9mm.
Brand names center fire seemed to go the way of the dinosaur.
Plenty of shotgun shells though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There is still a shortage in my area, except for Midwest 9mm.
Brand names center fire seemed to go the way of the dinosaur.
Plenty of shotgun shells though.
The shortages are mostly over here and prices have came down from $1-$.60 per round down to about $.60-.30 per round. A lot of what I have I gave $.25-.19 per round a few years ago. Mostly pistol calibers I don’t have many long guns that I shoot besides a 12 gauge.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hi,

I've been buying more than I've been shooting for the last year and a half (currently 5000+ rounds in my safe). Availability has not been a problem as of late but prices have. I don't mind buying 500 rounds of Herter's 9mm (re-branded WWB) for $170 (34¢ per round) at my local big box store but most name brand is around 50¢ at smaller stores. I'm hoping to grow my inventory by another 1000 rounds before I move in a month or so. I'm not too sure of availability or prices where I'm going.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

·
Registered
17 Posts
All of the local gun stores around here are overflowing with 9, 40 and 45 ammo. One store has an entire shelf of 5.56-223 and 308 FMJ. Starting to see 357 and 38 as well now. A month ago you would see two or three people with a couple boxes headed to the register now they mostly just look and leave. However there is almost no hunting ammo yet and 30-06 is unobtainable.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hi,

All of the local gun stores around here are overflowing with 9, 40 and 45 ammo. One store has an entire shelf of 5.56-223 and 308 FMJ. Starting to see 357 and 38 as well now. A month ago you would see two or three people with a couple boxes headed to the register now they mostly just look and leave. However there is almost no hunting ammo yet and 30-06 is unobtainable.
Just curious, what are the prices like for 9mm and .45 where you are? :)

BassCliff

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hi,

Roll my own .10 .17 cents a round from new and old components.
I hope to get there one of these days. ;)

BassCliff

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

Just curious, what are the prices like for 9mm and .45 where you are? :)

BassCliff
On average for range type ammo 9mm .40-.50 per round 40s&w .45-.55 45apc about the same. Defensive ammo .90-1.10 per round depending on manufacturer. Some off brand stuff a little cheaper. Cabals is the highest farm and ranch store has cheapest but mostly off brand stuff.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Hoping but not holding my breath for ammo prices to come down. Last year I spent a fair amount of time waiting in line with other folks before chain stores opened to buy 1-3 boxes of ammo. Satisfied with my inventory, I no longer have the desire to do preopening store front camping.

I‘ve noticed that some of the smaller chains have more inventory on the shelves but with higher prices. The larger big box retailers have better prices for target 9, but seem to sell out fairly quickly. Even at the large stores, prices continue to rise—thankfully have run across some store branded WWB 9mm at around $0.34 per round, whereas the WWB boxed ammo is $0.45-0.48/round,

With the increased oil prices I imagine that prices will not come down for a while, if ever. Unfortunately this inflation is not limited to ammo prices. Grrr.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hoping but not holding my breath for ammo prices to come down. Last year I spent a fair amount of time waiting in line with other folks before chain stores opened to buy 1-3 boxes of ammo. Satisfied with my inventory, I no longer have the desire to do preopening store front camping.

I‘ve noticed that some of the smaller chains have more inventory on the shelves but with higher prices. The larger big box retailers have better prices for target 9, but seem to sell out fairly quickly. Even at the large stores, prices continue to rise—thankfully have run across some store branded WWB 9mm at around $0.34 per round, whereas the WWB boxed ammo is $0.45-0.48/round,

With the increased oil prices I imagine that prices will not come down for a while, if ever. Unfortunately this inflation is not limited to ammo prices. Grrr.
Buy Online! I never buy off the shelf unless I happen to find a really good deal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No one ships to non-FFLs in this restrictive state. Some companies won’t even ship accessories like State compliant mags to this state.
Man that sucks I didn’t know anyone restricted ammo like that. In Texas my UPS guy needs a back brace and he just sits it on my steps for anyone to take. I guess I should quit complaining 😊

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Pistol rounds..I'm in decent shape. Just got a couple hundred rounds of Norma .556. Still looking for 30/30. Most places are out and the ones that have it are crazy priced, still!

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Man that sucks I didn’t know anyone restricted ammo like that. In Texas my UPS guy needs a back brace and he just sits it on my steps for anyone to take. I guess I should quit complaining 😊
What is strange is that I could send recalled ammo back to Winchester via UPS, but Winchester couldn’t send replacement ammo back to me.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts