Springfield XD Forum banner
3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TSiWRX 
#1 ·
Hi Fellow shooters,

Has anyone attended a class, specifically Deadly Accuracy course, from Insight Firearms Training Development in Prescott AZ? I purchased a home study course because they claim to teach the ability to shoot one-hole groups.
Very interesting information and have a growing interest in their 2-day class but I want to hear from others who have actually attended the live class.

If you have attended the 2-day class, were you actually shooting 1-hole groups by the end of the class? Was it worth the money?

Please reply if you've personally attended. Maybe I need to email Insight and as for references to recent students.

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
I've never been.

But in all honesty, any good instructor can teach any willing student to shoot single-hole groups at reasonable distances.

Their ad:

Deadly Accuracy Home Study Course

cited:

Tina was a first time shooter. She was able to shoot this 1-Hole Group in less than 35 minutes at a distance of 15 feet using a Glock 19 after learning the Insight Method.
and

PAM R.
1-Hole Group with her first 12 shots at 15 feet. She was a first time shooter using a Glock 9mm and applied the principles you’ll learn in this program
I've seen similar results from other good instructors with similarly inexperienced shooters, where their specific teaching was the focus on the enhancement of precision/accuracy.

The only thing that one needs to understand in order to achieve that kind of result is that "a group" is nothing but the culmination/summation of a series of individually perfectly delivered shots.

Don't shoot a group.

Shoot individually perfect shots at the same POA/POI.

Your end result will be "the perfect group."

This is my daughter's target on her second range trip. It's at 10 feet, with a CZ 452 Scout chambered in .22 LR, with the single-shot adapter in-place.

She was about 8 and 1/2 years old at the time. Her first shot was that high flier.

The next 5 shots were parts of her group. The 7th shot was another flier, the one that hit the bullseye (we joked that was the result of two wrongs making the perfect right :lol:). The next shot was re-established in the group. There were two other shots that also punched that same group. Her physically small size is still causing a mis-fit with the 452, causing her to push her shots. I specifically asked her to not chase the bull, to simply execute the same shot each time. I wanted to teach her the idea behind "grouping."

Now, about a year later, as she's grown-in into the gun a bit more, she's center-punching those pasters at-will.

I also have a picture of her in which she center-drilled, with her first shot, a Red Bull can at 9 yards using my airsoft 10/22 replica (it was $700 to import, so it cost considerably more than my actual 10/22 :lol:). That picture's a bit funny because the carbine came up to about eye-level on her. She was 5 years old at the time, and shot it with me supporting the front of the stock (I didn't aim for her, I just held).

There's no trick to it.

There's no high-dollar system.

The fundamental truth of shooting is starkly simple:

[ sight picture ] + [ trigger path ] = [ hit ]

The ability to execute each of the left hand factors towards perfection will determine the amount of deviation on the right hand side of the equation.

And if you execute a bunch of perfect shots, you'll get a perfect group. :)

#3 ·
Hi TSiWRX,

Your young daughter did excellently! Great shooting! And the cost of your airsoft 10/22 replica....ouch! But good to have if you can afford one.

The link you provided to their home study course says it costs $497.
The same course is available for $197 here Deadly Accuracy Home Study Program | Tactical Firearms Training Secrets

I'll let you know more about the home study course details once I complete it and take it to the range.

Happy new year!

#4 ·
Matt Seibert, owner of Insight Firearms Training Development, promptly and cordially responded to my email request to contact his past students for a referral. I'll post his response without edits. Please note that no where in his marketing literature, course flyer, or even home study materials, is there any caveat stating that live training is restricted to LEO only!

Hi Joe,

Thank you for purchasing our Deadly Accuracy Home Study Course.

I appreciate your desire to attend our course but our “Live” Deadly Accuracy Course is reserved for Law Enforcement, Active Military Special Op’s and it is open to Civilians by invitation only. Our process works too well to release it to the general public. Students who complete our courses are able to outshoot 99% of all LE by the time they complete 6 days of our training. This is not hype. It’s a fact! I cannot afford to be training cop killers or terrorists, so we are a very selective in our enrollment process.

Regarding your request to speak directly to our students…I am sorry but I do not give out our student’s information nor will I bother my students by asking for their help in promoting our courses unless you are Law Enforcement and provide the request on Departmental Letterhead. We do not publically advertise our courses and yet the demand for our courses is overwhelming. Most of our Advanced Courses are pre-sold-out until August of 2016.

If you’d like to see what Law Enforcement and our civilian students have had to say about our courses you are welcome to check out our website video testimonials: Insight Firearms Videos

Warmest Regards
Matt Seibert
Insight Firearms Training Development LLC

Interesting that Mr Seibert states they don't publicly advertise their courses, when the home study course is available from more than one source. He obviously must mean the "live" courses are not publicly available. Still, why would they include in the home study materials a discount offer to attend a "live" course? Seems a little strange to me.

Joe

#5 ·
They have a branch out here in Ohio. IMO, they are "full of themselves." One of their claims is to teach students to split playing cards. They seem to emphasize "mall ninja" tactics over basic shooting skills. I am not impressed.

Reactions: Jimmycrackcorn
#6 ·
^ Heya slugger6! :) Where are they here in Ohio?

-----

JRM - Thanks for those updates (and for the praise for my little one!). That's starting to sound shadier and shadier by-the-minute..... Things just aren't adding up.

Chris Cerino (of History Channel's Top Shot fame - runner up on both Season 1 and the All Stars season), who is a local instructor, held two small (but open) enrollment, 4-hour "Marksmanship (pistol) Enhancement Clinics" here in NE-Ohio a few winters ago, with the promise of the coursework being appropriate for all skill levels -- that it'll push the shooter to the next level, no matter their starting level of experience.

I went in as a shooter of approximately 1 year's experience (at that point, probably a total of 35K rounds downrange). In the first session, he and his assistant managed to kick me of my stance issues (allowed me to divorce my upper body presentation from lower body stance). In the second session, we worked hard on the BSA template, and I started stacking shots on top of shots, even at-cadence.

^ Truthfully speaking, had I been a better student - or even perhaps a completely clean-slate new/novice shooter - I probably could have achieved that "single hole" group in the first class. :oops: I say this because I've both seen both experienced as well as less-so shooters do the same at his first session as well as other novice shooters do the same at other instructors' intro/novice-level classes.

That single-hole really isn't all that. I'm firmly convinced that anyone and everyone can do it. :)

Please do let us know what you think of that home-study system.

I wonder if it's like Rob Pincus's "Counter Ambush" coursework (which, yes, I did pay for - out of curiosity alone :p)......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.