Premium Member
16,913 Posts
wow.... I bought mine for 200.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow.... I bought mine for 200.
If you bought the converted Saiga in the AK form that takes ak mags and has the pistol grip for 200, I would love to know where :D

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
The cheapest I can find a New Saiga these days, factory config, is $300...and I've looked and looked. The prices are going up.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
You guys be wary of those 'pre converted' Saigas from Aim Surplus and classicarms and others.

The jobbers doing the conversions are aiming at keeping every cent they can keep, and cutting corners in the conversions.

One came out with a line of weld in place of a bullet guide.

Another was reported to have had the bullet guide glued in place.

I am a firm proponent of buying a factory Saiga and converting it yourself. It is as easy as falling off a log, and you know you'll have a quality rifle, not a cheap attempt by so-called "professionals".

·
Registered
23 Posts
From what I have read on many boards, Classic Arms is a pretty reputable place with good customer service. Hopefully the conversion won't be a "hack job". I placed an order for one of these, I'll report back once I get my hands on it. At this price, I thought I'd skip the hassle of converting it myself, since time is limited for me at the moment.

·
Registered
179 Posts
From what I have read on many boards, Classic Arms is a pretty reputable place with good customer service. Hopefully the conversion won't be a "hack job". I placed an order for one of these, I'll report back once I get my hands on it. At this price, I thought I'd skip the hassle of converting it myself, since time is limited for me at the moment.

Yea unfortunatly im scared as hell to mess with a gun, and suck at handyman type stff....The atlantic saigas look very attractive to me :-(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts