Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They stay this cheap, I'm probably gonna have to get one...

I've been kicking around a 930 SPX for years because I love the tang safety but these have a reversible button so yeah.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm already trying not to spend money I shouldn't be spending. Between uber-cheap gen 1 versions and that new marine improved tactical... dang!

·
Registered
19,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Which one? The first gen? There weren't many big changes other than threading thebarrel for choke tubes. Which can be done for about the difference in price between the two.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Which one? The first gen? There weren't many big changes other than threading thebarrel for choke tubes. Which can be done for about the difference in price between the two.
Yep, first gen. I'm fine with the fixed cylinder choke as I only intend to use it for defensive purposes, at least for now.

They did redesign the bolt release on the gen 2 to prevent unintentional double feeds. There is a simple modification for the gen 1 in the form of a small plastic guard around the rear of the bolt release originally developed by Tau Development Group. It's now for sale on Beretta's web site, so it appears they approve.

So, all told, I'm in it for $680 including FFL fee and bolt release shroud. Not too shabby!

·
Registered
19,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You'd be surprised how quickly eloquent and knowledgeable people turn to babbling idiots when they know a camera is on them. I do ok with it if HBO is gonna be tue one airing it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well, here she is. One of the lightest 12 gauge shotguns I’ve ever held; only the latest Shockwave/non-NFA guns are lighter, at least by hand feel, anyway. Can’t wait for some range time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
469 Posts
Nice. Now put a Nordic extension on it!
Yes! Although the only place that had any in stock (Badger Mountain Supply) later decided they didn’t have any in stock, so they cancelled my order. Oh well, hopefully Nordic will start making them again since Beretta released their gen 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts