Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find **** around here and when I do its the crappy Remington stuff. Im looking for just about anything CCI to shoot in my 522. Did buy some Remington just because I wanted some ammo but C'mon wheres the good stuff

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
It's called postelection panic. Both the firearm and ammunition manufacturers can't make their products fast enough. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, as the supply gets a little tight, people panic and buy everything in sight whether they really need it or not, which just continues to make things worse.

Unfortunately, things will not stabilize until we are literally awash in ammunition. Since neither item is perishable, there is hope that supply will eventually outpace demand.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Happened 2008 also

Sent from my MB502 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
figured ad much but i guess i never expected the .22 ammo to be gone. I expected mostly .40, 9mm and 223

·
Registered
29,767 Posts
Nope. My LGS had plenty on the shelf...picked up 5 bricks of CCI Blazer for a Benjamin Franklin flash card earlier today...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
no problem around here

·
Registered
11 Posts
I buy ammo whenever I can if it's a decent brand. I have to since I'm trying to become a better shooter. I need all the practice ammo I can lay hands on.

That said...20 cents a shot for 22LR is painful.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
8 ¹/² years to find 22 ammo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow—pretty steep prices for 22LR!

Have been able to snag various manufacturers and box sizes of 22LR from brick and mortar retail chain sporting goods stores for 7 to 8 cents per round—typically the same or next day after they were delivered to the store. Amazing how much more many LGSs are charging for ammo.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Wow—pretty steep prices for 22LR!

Have been able to snag various manufacturers and box sizes of 22LR from brick and mortar retail chain sporting goods stores for 7 to 8 cents per round—typically the same or next day after they were delivered to the store. Amazing how much more many LGSs are charging for ammo.
Yeah it’s nuts like it was the last go round. When I picked mine up at the local Bi-Mart the Federal 1100 round boxes were going for $35. My wife asked why I was buying so many, so in July I showed her the “new” price of $330.00 for the same box. Oh! And like a typical woman her reply was, “Well you could sell them and make more money”. And my reply was that then she wouldn’t have anything to shoot, end of discussion. 😁

·
Registered
8,145 Posts
Picked up a little bucket at gun show today.
365 rds for $25.00
Not great but under 7 cents so in today’s world decent.

Guy wanted $400.00 for an 8 lb jug of Hogdgon. I passed.

No one had any lead or bullets.

$15.00/100 for spp or lpp as well.

Hope we see some relief soon.

Did seem like guns were selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
800 rounds Federal blue box $51 at Academy. Saw the same box online for $150. Nuts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: clueless88
1 - 14 of 14 Posts