Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot mine really high. I went to the plinking range today. 8 in.plates at 25 yards. I had to aim at the very bottom of the plate to hit it. I have the standard sights on them right now. I would like to get some ameriglo's but they don't make slanted sights as far as I know.

·
Registered
345 Posts
How were you aligning the sites to the target? If you read the manual you'll find that the XD uses a 6 O'Clock POA ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is almost POA(hits a little right). Would try a different ammo before I went "sight crazy". Wish you luck. Love my .40sc.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I never shoot any gun when i am high...just a joke i could not resist

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are right. I shouldn't shoot my gun while high. I bet I would hit the target more often. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, you caught me, I haven't read the owner's manual. I might learn a thing or two.

I'm shooting el-cheapo ammo-blazer at $3.88 per box. I will try some other ammo to see what happens.

If I shoot at 6 o'clock, I'll hit dead center. I'll read the book.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine shoots down and to the left with factory sights. I did notice that my rear sight is a bit to the left of the line and didn't know if that would have anything to do with it. I guess I'll give the ol' book a little glancing over and see what I can figure out. Thanks a lot.

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts