Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today instead of carrying my .40 service I, just for the heck of it, decided to carry my 9mm Tactical. To my surprise it was less bulky and heavy than my .40. I might just start carrying it more often.:D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
What holster are you using to carry your tac??? I just took the CCW class and the only handgun I have right now is my 45tac. Saving for a 45compact though!!! I would also like to know what people are doing to conceal their tac. Thanks for the thread cause I was about to ask the same question!!!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crossbreed supertuck. I'm using the same holster for both guns.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also am planning on carrying a 9mm Tac in a Supertuck. I will take my class next saturday. I have been carrying around the house and yard and doing my "honeydo" list while carrying and have been very comfortable in the process.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Lot's of people using the supertuck, looks like it's maybe the most popular IWB on the forum, not to mention they are a sponsor. I guess I'll have to look into one. I'm not huge on IWB but then again I've never tried it with a supertuck!!!

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
I have had my supertuck for a week now and the only time I don't like it is when I sit. I don't find it comfortable. It could be that I just am not used to it. I was thinking about getting a SC to it would be easier.

·
Registered
127 Posts
When I get my CCW I'll be carrying my tac in certain situations, and appreciate the review on the CBST.

I like to hike and fish for salmon out in some remote places when the weather is cool and rainy here. I'll have plenty of clothing on to hide the tac, and I shoot it a bit more acurately and comfortably than the compact..

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in no way pushing a certain holster, I'm not a ad for supertuck just wanting to know if anhybody else has noticed that the .40 4" is more bulky than the 5" tactical.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've noticed the limiting factor in carrying to be the size of the grip. Length of barrel is of no concern unless carrying in a standard holster, ie the gun outside the waistband. In that case you must wear a long untucked shirt or blazer/coat over top. I like a cheap Uncle Mike's IWB for my SC9. I wear a left handed IWB in the SOB area. it hides nicely. I can wear a T-shirt untucked and you'd never know. I personally would love to see a tactical/compact. You know, long barrel with a factory chopped grip like the .45 compact. Then I could swap out my GLOCK 21 for one of those in my bug-out vest. Then my SC9 and tac. 9 have magazine compatibility. Hello, Springfield, you getting this?:D

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I have had my supertuck for a week now and the only time I don't like it is when I sit. I don't find it comfortable. It could be that I just am not used to it. I was thinking about getting a SC to it would be easier.

Mine wasnt comfotable when i sat with it on when i first got it either.

Once i got it broken in and in the right position, i can sit down amd even sleep on the couch with it on with absolutly now problems.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm in no way pushing a certain holster, I'm not a ad for supertuck just wanting to know if anhybody else has noticed that the .40 4" is more bulky than the 5" tactical.
LOL- Too much time on internet forums is making you paranoid :D

I just appreciate the review. I'm not going to be PMing you for a refund if I don't like the holster....

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No it not that I want you guys to think that this holster makes the tactical a ccw gun it's just that to me the 9mm tactical seems less bulky than the .40 service no matter what holster you are using.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
I personally would love to see a tactical/compact. You know, long barrel with a factory chopped grip like the .45 compact. Then I could swap out my GLOCK 21 for one of those in my bug-out vest. Then my SC9 and tac. 9 have magazine compatibility. Hello, Springfield, you getting this?:D
I swear I saw a Tactical .45 Compact at my gunstore when the .45 Compact came out. Then there was a guy on here who messed around and swapped the slides, barrels and frames on a regular tactical and a service compact.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I swear I saw a Tactical .45 Compact at my gunstore when the .45 Compact came out. Then there was a guy on here who messed around and swapped the slides, barrels and frames on a regular tactical and a service compact.
You have a lot of posts here so I think you will understand the XD configurations, and what I think Groven is talking about. What you saw with the 45 and swapping slides on two guns, say, Tactical and 4" or service compact, you can get 4 different XD configurations. Tactical, tactical compact, service, and 4" compact, Groven wants to do with the other calibers!!! Groven correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes the slides and frames are compatible, given the caliber, but you might have to do some slight fitting to get the slide to work on a different frame. Just posting from experience. My .40 slide wouldn't fit my 9mm slide and vice a vera, without slight fitting.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
You have a lot of posts here so I think you will understand the XD configurations, and what I think Groven is talking about. What you saw with the 45 and swapping slides on two guns, say, Tactical and 4" or service compact, you can get 4 different XD configurations. Tactical, tactical compact, service, and 4" compact, Groven wants to do with the other calibers!!! Groven correct me if I'm wrong.
The guy who did it also came up with another thing. regular frame, service slide with 5 inch barrel. Also did it with the compact frame too I think.(could possible make a suppressed XD-something else I've seen but the other owner bought an aftermarket barrel for that). :D

But I understand now what he's saying. He means a compact 9mm(or a regular frame gripchopped to compact size), which Springfield and HS don't manufacture. And magazines aren't made the right size for a compact in a caliber other than .45. So it would have to be all magazines with a sleeve rather than one that fit pretty much flush. Which eliminates the usefulness of a compact grip. But people have used there SC with regular magazines. So really you have a smaller gun, and you can just have the larger capacity magazine with a sleeve as a backup.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The guy who did it also came up with another thing. regular frame, service slide with 5 inch barrel. Also did it with the compact frame too I think.(could possible make a suppressed XD-something else I've seen but the other owner bought an aftermarket barrel for that). :D
COOL so 5 different configs!!!!:cool:

But I understand now what he's saying. He means a compact 9mm(or a regular frame gripchopped to compact size), which Springfield and HS don't manufacture. And magazines aren't made the right size for a compact in a caliber other than .45. So it would have to be all magazines with a sleeve rather than one that fit pretty much flush. Which eliminates the usefulness of a compact grip. But people have used there SC with regular magazines. So really you have a smaller gun, and you can just have the larger capacity magazine with a sleeve as a backup.
Yeah you got it, atleast that's what I think he's after anyway!!!

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
LOL. Well I guess he'll tell us eventually. I'm waiting in suspense.:D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yeah I suppose so!!!:lol: Hope it's soon!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts