Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should've gotten an Aero M5 reciever set but decided to hold off for another sale after Xmas.

BUT Palmetto did get me by putting a nitrided Toolcraft BCG and a Geissele Super Charging Handle on sale for 50 bones a pop.

Who else couldn't resist the temptation of sales?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I resisted, but mainly because I've got a few rifles I need to get on the range already.

If I'd seen the deal on toolcraft BCGs for $50 though, I'd have probably bought a couple on GP.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I saw some ads for stupid good deals on the Custom II from several places. 599 or less. That's a lot of pistol for the money.
I got mine at Dunham Sports for $549

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Nope. Stayed away from all the stores
no way I want or need anything bad enough to go wade the crowds for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,508 Posts
I needed some night vision for pig hunting in spring... OP had stupid deal for on a ATN 4K PRO I could not say no to. Basically paid for the range finder that goes with it.

And not just charging handle... I needed parts for my new Mk10 Banshee... Geissele SSA-E 40% off at $155, and a optics mount for at least a third off. On the Geissele home site. It's actually made for Vortex Razor 1-6 that I will use and throw the Am Def QC on the ATN.

For all my other stuff - general sales... 10% off at least, but those were the big savers.

·
Registered
19,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I needed some night vision for pig hunting in spring... OP had stupid deal for on a ATN 4K PRO I could not say no to. Basically paid for the range finder that goes with it.

And not just charging handle... I needed parts for my new Mk10 Banshee... Geissele SSA-E 40% off at $155, and a optics mount for at least a third off. On the Geissele home site. It's actually made for Vortex Razor 1-6 that I will use and throw the Am Def QC on the ATN.

For all my other stuff - general sales... 10% off at least, but those were the big savers.
Finally throwing in the towel on the MP5 debacle?

The Geissele sales are always worth it. When I start pulling parts for my "ULTIMATE BBQ BADASS CARBINE" I'm definitely gonna use their handguard and trigger. And one of their QD scope mounts.

·
Premium Member
15,508 Posts
Finally throwing in the towel on the MP5 debacle?

The Geissele sales are always worth it. When I start pulling parts for my "ULTIMATE BBQ BADASS CARBINE" I'm definitely gonna use their handguard and trigger. And one of their QD scope mounts.
Pretty much. I'll update that later. But ya, going to try out a Banshee. Spent some money this weekend... ~planned... But saved a lot.

I don't really need night vision... But I'm actually pretty stoked about getting it. Going pig hunting in Texas in May. Taking the 6.8. 1st time!

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
I resisted.

The only things I picked up were a couple of small missing pieces for our family's go-bags. I'll complete things tomorrow with the maxed out (not that it's that much different, but hey, waste not, want not, right? ;)) discounts at SKD Tactical for their new winter PIGs, which my daughter and I are eager to try.

I've been looking around a bit for a Knights SR-15, and the LMT MLC pistol also stroked some passion, but I really wanted to handle each before I committed, and no-one around me has one in-stock (thankfully).

The low, low prices at SOLGW, Sionics, and Geissele also almost had me pulling the trigger on yet another AR, but I was able to rein in that impulse by some righteous self-flagellation. :lol: I mean, really, for the price of one Knights, I could have had two of the three......

·
Registered
83 Posts
Back in the eighties I bought a safe. Half was for firearms and the other half had shelves for jewelry, camera gear, documents. etc. I converted it to all firearms. But that also became way too small. I bought a second gun safe on Black Friday. I don't expect to need a third safe, but who knows.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I got a Dillon 1050 in .40S&W for next year's USPSA season. I didn't really "need" it, but need is a subjective word anyway...and besides, I didn't go ahead and get it with the Ammobot autodrive, so I showed some restraint. ;-):mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
29,541 Posts
Whatcha get?
AR500.com...got one of their specials on their Testudo carrier & plates a while back, but that was “just” Lvl III...I thought that was good for 556, but not so much. I figured on going to IIIA, but...IV wasn’t all that much more expensive, so I went for it.

They seem to have a good rep, so...

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Armor's a hard play - they're always a compromise.

I started off with their "III+" stuff, mainly because it was cheap and also easy to store, but starting to take classes that required certain PPE while really starting to research things pushed me towards looking for something else. I lucked into a set of Hesco 4400 stand-alones at burn-the-house-down prices from a reputable retailer a few Black Fridays ago, so that's what I've been using since. They're comparable in weight to my steels from AR500.com (about a pound heavier, each), but they're unfortunately quite a bit thicker. Still, given the threats its been tested against and the cost, I honestly can't complain, especially as I'm just using them in short bursts, jocking-up for runs in classes.

I wish I had more money to spend! :)

I've still got those steels in a spare carrier. I'll probably pull them out one day and have some fun with back-yard spall-testing (really, my only worry with the steel) and upgrade to either their IVs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts