Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work with a Glock fanboy who doesn't like the XDm because of "all the recalls". I haven't heard of any, have there been any? I know the XDs just had one, but any one the XDm?

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
No recalls that I recall ...
As you noted only the XDs ... different guts then XD/XDm

Some people just make sheet up when facts dont point to their conclusion.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. This is what I thought. I was actually down to deciding between a Glock 19 and the XDm Compact before choosing the XDm. It just felt a little better in my hand and my wife likes grip safeties...so when I want a new gun in the future, I'm sure she'll take this one!

·
Registered
326 Posts
XDm's are too good for recalls, Lol.. Not yet at least.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Nope but glock hasn't had any recalls either because they won't call them recalls. They call them upgrades. However I wouldn't write off the G19 so quickly without shooting it. I fell for the it feels better in my hand junk at first, but when it came down to my performance with it the G19 out performed my xdm. Moral of the story it's not how it feels it's how you shoot it. Oh and the gen 2 G19 is the best gen.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope but glock hasn't had any recalls either because they won't call them recalls. They call them upgrades. However I wouldn't write off the G19 so quickly without shooting it. I fell for the it feels better in my hand junk at first, but when it came down to my performance with it the G19 out performed my xdm. Moral of the story it's not how it feels it's how you shoot it. Oh and the gen 2 G19 is the best gen.
I did shoot them first. The wife and I went to a few ranges to test them out against each other. Neither of us experienced much of a difference, I liked that the XDm holds more per magazine and my wife liked the grip safety.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I did shoot them first. The wife and I went to a few ranges to test them out against each other. Neither of us experienced much of a difference, I liked that the XDm holds more per magazine and my wife liked the grip safety.
Then you are making the right decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts