Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, is anyone making or planning a .22 lr conversion for the XD platforms? I would LOVE to get an Advantage Arms pistolkit for an XD45!

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
I think there were plans on making this, and it never happened. i have not heard of any recent plans to start developing one again. but if you do find one please let us know!

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
There is nothing...yet. There was some prototypes in the past, but they were dropped. Scott (from Springer Precision) says that there are some in the works, but can't disclose any details. Hopefully we will see something this year!

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
The weekly question appears again.

Try using the search function.
Personally I'm glad to see this keep coming up. Maybe someone with some machining skills will create one and I would gladly pony up some $ for one.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
It takes a bit more than just machining skills. Something like$500,000 at a minimum just to produce the first few working units.

As has been stated there are a couple of people working on it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
'Course, if folks would politely contact Advantage Arms about one, perhaps that would help motivate AA to make one for the XD.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
'Course, if folks would politely contact Advantage Arms about one, perhaps that would help motivate AA to make one for the XD.
They were the one with the prototype, and they understood the demand, but they chose not to pursue it anyway. :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
It truely amazes me that a company doesn't find it profitable to manufacture such a kit. There are .22lr conversions for all kinds of guns, and different brands of kits for the same gun. You would think that the first company to produce such a product for the xd models would be in a gold mine! There has got to be thousands upon thousands of XD owners that would purchase such a kit.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
I'm betting that the initial sales figures would be under 1000 units for the first year.

Figure $250 for the conversion kit with one mag and you would recover about half the cost of bringing the kit to market.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts