Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw a ppq m2 on sale at my local gun store. I can't rent the gun at any local range so I need some advice from any one in the forum. This might be my Father's Day present.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,919 Posts
If I was going to buy a striker fired 9 right now, that would be it. I have no problem with the paddles.... but even the button is the best I have used. The ergos are just simply the best. Quality pistol too. Incredible value for the money. Best trigger out of the box on the market. I do not own one, but my friend does.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I really like mine, I highly doubt you will dislike it. Buy it.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I'll echo Powerman, if I was going to own a striker fired full size gun it would be the Walther PPQ.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I'll third Powerman. I own 2 M1's and they are the best "out of the box" striker fired hand gun available.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
It's hard to add more than whats already said. I've owned both the button and paddle mag release versions. For my hand, the paddles work slightly better but the button is consistent with most of my other guns.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The trigger is second to none. Best out of the box striker fired gun money can buy.

Ergonomics are fantastic. Accuracy is great.

I'm a big fan of the Walther PPQ (and PPS too actually).

·
Registered
731 Posts
did you dry fire it ? that's the extent of what it took for me. Over all its outstanding in every way , reliability so far , ergos , trigger break. it even ejects the brass in to a neat little pile : )

only items you should know about because nothing is perfect
-fire pin block may need some attention , known and easy issue .
-narrow front blade sight good for quick acquisition but harder on some peoples eyes
-plastic ( Polymer ! ) sights

it does well in everything, where it shines is rapid fire . very easy to shoot fast. to the extent you have to be careful riding the trigger not to cook one off prematurely ( age old issue : )

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everyone thanks for the update I try and check out the gun later this week

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Everyone thanks for the update I try and check out the gun later this week

If you don't plan on buying it leave your credit card at home, cause once you hold it, it'll be too late to stop.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have an M2 and had a couple of problems with it: 1) 1/10 inch reset makes it very easy to get double taps- usually operator error until you become accustomed to the short reset. 2) a few times my gun failed to go "bang" or even make a light strike- cause unknown, Walther could not duplicate the problem. All seems well now with about 500 rounds down the pipe. Best place to get PPQ info is the PPQ section on the Walther forum. In addition to the customer experts, three central office (USA) supervisors occasionally come on with news and information. The big controversy over there is not which caliber is best, but whether paddle or button mag release is best! BTW, I do love my M2, especially the button release. It's perfectly positioned for my hand and extremely smooth. :D Bp

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dumb question: But are Walther and Smith & Wesson still together or did they split?

·
Administrator
16,919 Posts
I have an M2 and had a couple of problems with it: 1) 1/10 inch reset makes it very easy to get double taps- usually operator error until you become accustomed to the short reset. 2) a few times my gun failed to go "bang" or even make a light strike- cause unknown, Walther could not duplicate the problem. All seems well now with about 500 rounds down the pipe. Best place to get PPQ info is the PPQ section on the Walther forum. In addition to the customer experts, three central office (USA) supervisors occasionally come on with news and information. The big controversy over there is not which caliber is best, but whether paddle or button mag release is best! BTW, I do love my M2, especially the button release. It's perfectly positioned for my hand and extremely smooth. :D Bp
That was the real thing I loved. I'm good with paddles... but the button was perfectly positioned "for me". Every single gun I have to shift my grip just a bit using thumb. So being the lefty, I usually revert back to trigger finger on other side. But the PPQ is absolutely perfect for thumb use. No shift at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts