·
Premium Member
450 Posts
use the loader that came with the gun ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the XDM 9mm I have to use the loader for anything more than 15 rounds in the clip.
well, guess I'm not gonna really need to use it right now
I'm only going to be putting 10 in the mags when I'm not actually using it for target practice

·
Registered
536 Posts
:Dya thumb excercises!!!

·
Registered
665 Posts
I usually use the speed loader the first time or two I load a new mag because the spring is still fresh. They break in pretty easily though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The loader that comes with the XD IMHO is one the the few things that is sub standard. It works, the Glock one I think works better but the Upula is so far ahead of the second place who cares. Invest the money and save your fingers and spend more time shooting than loading. Buy on at whatever cost, you can't go wrong. Other than for my 22's it is the only loader I have to carry.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Maglula is one of the best purchases I have made. I loaded 6 of my XD-M .40 magazines in less than 3 minutes. The best part is no sore thumbs.

Every shooter should have one!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Now I feel pretty good about being able to get 19 rounds loaded by hand.....only hurt a bit :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I just use a ******* speed-loader:

Put a piece (or two) of medical/sports tape (the white canvas-front kind) across/around each thumb.

It allows you to load ALL day for extended range sessions; won't make those painfull indentions (and possibly cuts on your fingers, especially on a cold range day); won't interfere with your hold for shooting (and can actually help improve it); and is hella cheaper than those XD or Glock pieces of crap.

Just my .02, TRM

1 - 20 of 23 Posts