Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read plenty of people having good things to say about both the CBST and the Comp-tac line of holsters. I am not a very big guy at all (6' 145 pounds) so I'll be a bit limited in where I can carry my firearm concealed. For a point of reference, I am looking to carry my brand new Springfield XD-9 w/ 4" barrel as my CCW for warm weather, and my CZ 75B (if I don't trade it) in the winter. I was wondering if the Comp-tac holsters (or those quite similar) are any good for that position of concealed carry? If not, please throw out some suggestion (and yes, I know that a Springfield XD-9 is probably not a great idea for a CC for a guy with a narrow build. Hence me mentioning the possibility of trading my CZ 75B which is the larger of my two sidearms).

Also, do you guys know if the 1st generation of the Comp-tac m-tac holsters feature the ability to swap out the outter shell instead of having to buy a whole different holster for each firearm?

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
carrying a gun that size in that position will be difficult, I'm 5'5" 145 and only carry at 3, 4, or 5. Maybe a SmartCarry? From experience a CBST is not good in the positions you mentioned, for comfort, but disappears in the positions i carry in, and is comfortable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
carrying a gun that size in that position will be difficult, I'm 5'5" 145 and only carry at 3, 4, or 5. Maybe a SmartCarry? From experience a CBST is not good in the positions you mentioned, for comfort, but disappears in the positions i carry in, and is comfortable.
In your opinion, do you think that I could pull off carrying at 3 oclock position without being made? I'd rather get the opinion of XD owners before I invest in a holster like that. I appreciate the input greatly. :D

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
In your opinion, do you think that I could pull off carrying at 3 oclock position without being made? I'd rather get the opinion of XD owners before I invest in a holster like that. I appreciate the input greatly. :D

toy could probably get away with 3 oclock carry, I prefer 330 to 4, but 3 will work, I carry my XD45c every day at 330-4 oclock, then the grip goes a little behind me, and disappears, but is still easy to draw, I've don it with the short and full size mag for my gun

·
Registered
63 Posts
Why do you want to carry a loaded gun pointing at your d**k? might want to concider 6-o-clock if you dont want it on the hip. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
Why do you want to carry a loaded gun pointing at your d**k? might want to concider 6-o-clock if you dont want it on the hip. Just my .02
A lot of people carry there, besides, usually the muzzel ends up south of your jewels:p

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I'm 5'8" and carry a full size XD9 at about 3:30 in a CBST. I can conceal it just fine with a T-shirt. Just make sure to get a good belt too. I have no idea why you would want to carry 11, 12, or 1. It just seems really uncomforatable. I couldn't imagine sitting down with a gun right there. Get a good holster and belt, dress around the gun, and carry it on your hip.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am 6' 145lbs as well and I have "played dress up" a lot in the last little while since I'm waiting for my CCW to process. If youre lanky like me its kinda hard to carry anywhere but 4 oclock give or take a half hour. That's what my thoughts are anyway. I also have a CZ75B which is just too big for me to carry without wearing huge shirts or a jacket in winter time.

I am carrying around my house with an XD9 subcompact at 4 oclock and that has seemed to do well for me. Anyway, back to the waiting game...

·
Registered
127 Posts
There are plenty of appendix IWB (AIWB) holsters out there (Comp-Tac and Raven Concealment both make some). For me, I do not like the kind that rest on your wasteband; try to find one that has a C clip or clips on the belt to help prevent your pants from sagging down. For this reason, I usually use a version of a Sparks SSII (belt loops) and place it anywhere on my belt that is most concealable for that day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts