• Rust On Parts Other Than Slide

• Recoil Spring/Guide Rod Breakage

• Trigger Return Spring Breakage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the prevalence of issues with the XD-9 Service model?

What kinds of problems have you had, and at about how many rounds did the problem happen?

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I had the spring come loose on the trigger, but it was my fault.
I tried jammin a q-tip to clean where it didn't want to fit.
ajames had it fixed in 10 min. I just didn't know how to fix it was the only problem.
Zero other problems whatsoever....other than payin too much attention instead of the g/f!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I said no problems but that is not totally true. After a measily 6500 rounds in six months, the recoil spring I purchased with my Don's rod wore out! :shock: Can you believe it!? I had to spend a whole $8 to buy a new one. :wink:

Overall, this is a very bad gun. It forces me to continue to buy huge quantities of ammo for it which it spits out without a hiccup. It is also a dangerous gun as I often have bugs fly into my mouth when firing it. I suspect that may have something to do with the s__t eating grin I am always wearing at the range. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I had a bad extractor when I got mine, it was a used gun so I do not know if it came that way or was abused. SA replaced the extractor and once I had my local smith tune the tension it works fine.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
The XDs are $100 to $200 underpriced 8)

·
Registered
14 Posts
After about 2,500 rounds through my XD9 service, my back sight came loose and would slide from side to side. But lately I've been practicing shooting from 15 yards with a straight out 2 hand hold without looking at the sights at all. For a potential early morning encounter in my dark hallway - we've lately had several "home invasion robberies" in this bedroom town just east of Sacramento. I have been surprised how quickly I was able to group most of my shots within a nice 6" circle around the mid-chest area without worrying about the sights. I called SA and they said that they'd fix the sight free or install my TFOs for $50. Today I sent it to Rich at Canyon Creek to install TruGlo TFOs (he does it for $40 front and rear), do a trigger job, polish the feed ramp, smooth the trigger face, and give it one of his wicked fusion finish jobs. I think after it comes back, my only issue will then be my wife's jealousy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts