Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Looking to purchase over the next few days ...

Best I've found local is approx. $480 out the door ...

Was hoping to go with Supohunter on Gun Brokers but he is out of stock and not sure with when the new stock will arrive ...

Remember for the online deals to factor in shipping and FFL costs ...

Thanks guys,
TIM

·
Registered
857 Posts
That is pretty good deal. I am going to have to say go for it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
That's better than I did over the summer. Jump on it.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
i cant find what i want...even from my gunsmiths distributors. all he can find is limited round guns, no hi cap.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Better go grab it! Thats what we're paying for a sub-compact before taxes.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
buds is 479 shipped plus your ffl fees, so sounds like 480 locally is the best you are going to do

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Let me give everyone a warning of something that just F'd my friend out of $100. Some states now require charging sales tax for out of state transfers!

My friend bought a nice Colt M4 new for $1,199, had it shipped to the local gun store who charged him $40 for the transfer, didn't say anything else.

When he picked it up, SURPRISE! He had to pay WA State sales tax because it was an internet transaction!

I'd never heard of this, called around, the gun stores charge the fee but the pawn shops w/ FFLs and the private FFLs do NOT.

So, ASK before doing the transfer if they are charging sales tax (and of course, go to somewhere else if they are).

·
Registered
432 Posts
I just payed $540. out the door here in Texas. I'd pick that one up quick for $480 OTD.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Where locally? my two sources usually have great prices, picked up a subcompact w/ nites site cheap yesterday. not sure if they have black 45 but think Lawmans did.

Personal Defense Handgun Safety Center & Lawmans Supply both in Raleigh.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Where locally? my two sources usually have great prices, picked up a subcompact w/ nites site cheap yesterday. not sure if they have black 45 but think Lawmans did.

Personal Defense Handgun Safety Center & Lawmans Supply both in Raleigh.
Yes, it's Lawmens in Raleigh ...

Total came to $485 ($455 plus tax) out the door but this included 3 mags, not the normal 2 (I didn't realize this until purchase, it's a perk for Law/Fire distributors to add an extra mag in the set) and then also the additional 2 mags from the Springfield promotion ...

Didn't sound too bad for a 4" .45 ACP Compact with 5 Mags and the Gear ...

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
I like to support small businesses when I can. The gun shop I got mine from was a place a friend recommended. At least I got a box of free ammo, but not all that great of a deal. I got the XD gear, but only 2 mags. $480 out the door is a GREAT price, with 5 mags, even better. Same model gun. I figured if I had a problem he'd be better to deal with than having some BS where they say send it in! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Let me give everyone a warning of something that just F'd my friend out of $100. Some states now require charging sales tax for out of state transfers!

My friend bought a nice Colt M4 new for $1,199, had it shipped to the local gun store who charged him $40 for the transfer, didn't say anything else.

When he picked it up, SURPRISE! He had to pay WA State sales tax because it was an internet transaction!

I'd never heard of this, called around, the gun stores charge the fee but the pawn shops w/ FFLs and the private FFLs do NOT.

So, ASK before doing the transfer if they are charging sales tax (and of course, go to somewhere else if they are).
If the seller was also located in WA state your friend is out of luck. However if it was an interstate transaction, the gun store has no right or requirement to collect taxes. You friend should demand that it be refunded. Chances are the "tax" went right into the store owners pocket.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
If the seller was also located in WA state your friend is out of luck. However if it was an interstate transaction, the gun store has no right or requirement to collect taxes. You friend should demand that it be refunded. Chances are the "tax" went right into the store owners pocket.

New law in WA State requires them to collect sales tax if the transaction was via the internet. SURPRISE!!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
New law in WA State requires them to collect sales tax if the transaction was via the internet. SURPRISE!!
Ok that is a stupid law, because for one, I don't have tell the FFL I ship the gun to in WA what the customer paid for it. My understanding is, interstate commerce is the jurisdiction of the Feds, and that is messing with interstate commerce. Doesn't mean they won't try though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
$480 OTD that is a good deal especially w/extra mag. $480 is what the used 4" comp .45 acp going for at this given time. I'm in the market but prices have jump in the last couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Gun show here in SC had them for $515. I paid $500 for mine at a local shop.
It is as good a deal that you will find these days.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I got my xd9 Tact. from Supohunter for 4 beans.
But , add shipping (20) , transfer & backround (30), I`d say $ 480 with extra mag is a good deal. I`d go with it.
Regards, Pete

1 - 20 of 24 Posts