Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you using Gunbutter? What has been your favorit lube for your XD rails? Help me out guys!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Never tried Gunbutter, although the name is hilarious for some reason. I started using Shooter's Choice FP10, and really like it. And I like Rem-Oil on exteriors and inside the barrel between sessions. Plus I'll use Tetra bore conditioner every once and a while, just for kicks. I was advised to heat the barrel with a hair dryer and apply Tetra, to improve accuracy. Of course when I eventually buy Don's guide rod, I will also check out some EEZOX. That stuff sounds like the real deal.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yep. I use it. Works like a champ. It does just what is says it does. One bottle should last you a LONG time. I will definitely recommend this product.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use Breakfree CLP on everything. Actually, that's all I use on any of my guns anymore....including my muzzleloaders. I guess I'm just getting lazy or something. :wink:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I definately noticed the difference after I started using gunbutter...Great product that I actually use in conjuction with the eezox stuff...

Spray down with the eezox after firing and let sit for a bit, scrub/clean/wipe gun until clean and dry as appropriate, gunbutter up moving parts and rack slide and dryfire a few times to make sure it's in there good...Final little wipe down of anything excess and you're good to go. 8)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I like the stuff. Works great on the rails etc. it'll do as it says it will.
I dont think Old School would sell it if it was junk, he's a good dude....goofy but good.
Try some of that Ky warming gel on the big gun in the house :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
i've used it since they started selling it at pistol-gear.com ( formerly xd-gear.com ) and have'nt regretted it since. btw, i still have the original bottle and they do last a loooooong time :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I love it

and I like the applicator bottle it comes in

·
Registered
176 Posts
forgive me for saying, but i didnt notice any difference when i bought some, ended up giving it to my brother, which now im mad for, because im hearing all these great reports...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts