Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have two of them. one i put on layaway with out telling the wife. it was a dang good price, but it was a a heel mag release. i just wanted it.

the other my wife is putting on layaway for me for my christmas. i will take a few pic of it tomorrow.

this one is all normal mag release and night sites and so on.

any one have info on these or what they think of them...

i like this gun for many reasons. i love the feel i love single stack and the looks are great.

·
Registered
261 Posts
They are excellent single stack 9 millie pistols. The German Police issued them at one time, the model was called the P6, same thing as a P225 and I believe they had the heel mag release as well. I believe the 225 was the second modern Sig after the 220, and the earlier model P210.

Check the Night Sights on the layaway gun, they only last about 10-12 years and then the vials need replacing.

One thing I do to my Sigs is add Hogue Extreme G-10 grips, they really make the weapon feel better in the hand ergonomically and look fantastic. Here is my P229 SCT with Hogue G-Mascus OD/black grips.

Sig Forum would be a good place to learn more.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I own 2 of the P6 models which are really the same as a 225 except for a different hammer. Great little guns, very accurate, carry fairly easily and as any other Sig gun, dead reliable.

My Fiance' took my custom P6 for herself cause she loves it that much and shoots it so well. My other one is bone stock and I have yet to fire it.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the one p225 is a swedish i want to say army gun. so it has the heel release, and the same hammer at the p6. for it to be a heel release i will not carry this gun.

the other 225 will be a project gun will be fixed up and i will put that in the rotation of carry.

my biggest question is the carry 225 is a dak, but i am not finding anything that the 225 came in a dak. also cant find grips for the dak 225...

i do know about the sig forums i guess i will have to sign up to it. i try to not sign up to so many...
i signed up to a texas forum, an ar forum tryed to be it on forums...

then i signed up to beretta cause i am trying to buy a certain beretta.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Sounds like someone probably converted it. I'm not aware of them makign a DAK either. May want to contact Sig, they can always get you replacement parts if you want DA/SA again.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Are you sure the pistol is DAK, or is it DAO?
Big difference between the two.

I've also never known a P6 or P225 to have a DAK trigger.
The frame should be too old to do a conversion, unless they had the frame fabricated or modified.
As Ichy stated, whether DAK or DAO, if you want to convert it to DA/SA, you can buy the parts from Top Gun Supply.
I've converted DAK and DA/SA back and forth and it is relatively easy to do.
If you go that route PM me for help.

I've handled a few P225s and P6s, but they never really caught my fancy so to speak.
But I do love my DAK P239 SAS...
It is actually the last Sig I own...:shock::oops::D

If you are not sure if it is DAK or DAO, I can give you a way to find out.
Either PM me or post here...

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
And never forget, Sig offers a nice re-furb, they check it out for safety, replace springs if needed AND slap on some new Meprolites in place of your probobly aging and dim current night sights. All for around $100 last I looked.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Had ony and put in a lighter pound mainspring, made the DA lighter & smoother. Added a HiViz fiber optic front sight. Refinished it with CerKote black satin & added a set of laser cut wood grips. Dang nice pistol, typical Sig reliability, sweet.
I rarely carried it because of the low capacity, but its one of several hidden in another room of my house in case of a close encounter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts